HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Gardner's cyst Gardner's cyst

Unread 02-21-2007, 05:51 AM
Gardner's cyst

I have been told by dr that I have a Gardner's cyst in my vagina. I had my right ovary and tube removed in November which turned out to be a dermoid. Has anyone heard of a Gardner's cyst? My husband said the doctor told us before the surgery but honestly I was so stuck on the words mass, ovary and not sure about cancer, that I let that one slip through. I had my last follow-up yesterday and the doctor said we'd just watch it, it is small and he says it is nothing to be overly concerned about and to just keep my yearly appts in Sept. Any body had this and what was your experience?

Thanks.
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Gardner's cyst

A friend has this and what I understand about these cysts are you are usually born with them, some people don't even know they have them. Her doctor just watches hers too, I think that is the norm. Don't lose sleep over it but I would do a little more research on it just to ease your mind!
Good luck!
Unread 02-21-2007, 08:35 AM
Gardner's cyst

Oh thank you. I had a dermoid removed and they said you are born with those too. Man wonder what my mom took while she was pregnant. LOL Ya know Eve is one woman in big trouble when I get to heaven. She caused a lot of unnecessary things eating from the forbidden tree.

I am glad to know your friend is okay. How long have they been watching hers? I read that they can drain. Ewww
Unread 02-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Gardner's cyst

My friend just found out a few months ago that she had them but (by a new doctor) but her regular doctor has been keeping an eye on them for many years. He never told her because she tends to worry a lot about medical stuff and he didn't want her stressing over it for no reason!
Best of luck to you!
Unread 02-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Gardner's cyst

Thank you I worry too but I do listen to my doctor and if he says don't worry I try not to I just never heard of it. Kind of wanted to get an idea of future problems. My doctor is very straight forward and he doesn't sugar coat so I guess he was right. Thanks.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.