HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Time for Curves

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Curves shake/6 week solution Curves shake/6 week solution

Unread 03-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Curves shake/6 week solution

I dont know if anyone else has experience with this. I had done the 6 week challenge a couple of times before my TVH (kept ovaries) and done extremely well with it. Now I'm doing it again because about 2 months after my hyst. I ended up tearing my ACL and needing knee injury--long story short the two surgeries have basically kept me from the gym for almost a year. I did relatively well considering but have put some of the weight back on.

So, I am now back at Curves although my leg is not at full strength yet and I just started the diet class again. They asked in the class if anyone is post-menopausal (And I am not--so I didnt raise my hand) but then they explained that post-menopausal women should not have the Curves vitamin and the Curves shake on the same day because it is too much iron. So, it seems to me that they probably mean "post-period" not necessarily "post-menopausal" and that I should avoid taking both. What do you all think?
Unread 03-02-2007, 07:02 PM

Hi there

I did the Curves 6 Week Solution, 2 years ago. I also had a TVH and kept my ovaries. At the time, I was not post-menopausal, but in peri-menopause. Because I was using a number of supplements to manage my symptoms, I didn't buy their vitamins.

You're right: once we stop flowing, we do not need as much iron, unless on a doctor's advice, as our body no longer has a way of eliminating the excess iron.

If I'm not mistaken, Curves has a vitamin formula for post-menopausal women This might turn out to be the best option for you.
Unread 03-04-2007, 08:47 AM

It's my understanding that once we no longer have a period we can no longer get rid of excess iron, so those that no longer have periods, which would include post menopausal, whether surgical or natural, should not be taking iron, unless it is something that your doctor has prescribed due to anemia or illness.

Unread 03-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks everyone!

Thanks to everyone for the responses. Someone in the class suggested switching to the "Senior" vitamins because they dont have iron so maybe I will try that.

I never thought I'd be taking "Senior" anything at 35! LOL!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.