HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

OMG..GROSS..Thrush.... OMG..GROSS..Thrush....

Unread 04-04-2007, 06:02 AM
OMG..GROSS..Thrush....

Hello ladies... I am exactly 7 days this morning, post-op for TAH but I was lucky (I hope) to keep both ovaries. DR. said they were both very healthy. Took uterus and cervix. My vag. bleeding/discharge stopped after 4 days totally. Nothing at all. Normal? Dr. said it may start agin. Not to worry. This is the first time I have been able to get on this "LIFESAVING SITE" since surgery. ALOT of severe gas pain and I was cut from hip to hip with severe bruising just past incision and belly button.

Got a copu of biopsy whish is VERY confusing... Say's "The endometrial cavity is filled with Mocopurlent Hemorrhagic soft tissue involving the anterior and posterior endometrium and surrounded by Trabeculated Meyometrium with rare Hemmorrhagic cysts. Also say's Ablated endometrium with old hemorrhage, fibrosis, and scarring. There is marked chronic active inflammation seen within the endometrium and extends into the myometrium. Sourse of this cannot be determnined. "MYOMETRIUM with ANDENOMYOSIS." "SQUAMOUS METAPLASIA." Portion of mature adipose tissue consistant with OMENTUM.
My goodness.. This is another language to me. When I asked DR. what it all meant, he said and circled Adenomyiosis. That's it! Anyone know this language? It's all out of me now, so don't worry! Okay........LOL...

My bowls and bladder are not yet even close to normal.

My big thing now is I developed these painful, white bumps on my tongue and a few on inside of cheeks. I am a OCD type with clealiness, and I have THRUSH!!! Like a yeast infect. in my mouth.. YUK! Dr. said most likely cause is high dose of antibiotics right before (15 min) surgery and during. Also either in combination with or due to "Dry Mouth" which is also caused by anti-nausea meds. Has anyone else gotten this??? I haven't read posts where anyone has gotten thrush too. May have missed it..

Eeekkkkkkkkkkk....
Unread 04-04-2007, 08:04 AM
OMG..GROSS..Thrush....

Yes, I came down with Thrush too. I have asthma, so I wondered if my Asthma Meds contributed as well. It doesn't help that I'm on antibiotics still for a UTI.

Kathy

TAH/BSO
Unread 04-04-2007, 12:08 PM
OMG..GROSS..Thrush....

I had thrush right after surgery from being on a couple of broad spectrum antibiotics...it didn't get better right away because I had to take 2 more antibiotics to clear up a nasty UTI. My doctor gave me mycelex troches (lozenges) 5 times a day for 7-14 days. They helped a lot. Also brushing your tonuge is really good for getting the spots off. I work in pediatrics and we also give our babies with thrush, nystatin, which is a liquid....it also works well, but its harder to use if you have to leave the house.

I hope it clears up soon!!
Take Care,
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersgal
I had thrush right after surgery from being on a couple of broad spectrum antibiotics...it didn't get better right away because I had to take 2 more antibiotics to clear up a nasty UTI. My doctor gave me mycelex troches (lozenges) 5 times a day for 7-14 days. They helped a lot. Also brushing your tonuge is really good for getting the spots off. I work in pediatrics and we also give our babies with thrush, nystatin, which is a liquid....it also works well, but its harder to use if you have to leave the house.

I hope it clears up soon!!
Take Care,
Hi sharon:
Yes.. My DR. gave me the same stuff you mentioned they give the babies.. LOL.. I wish I knew to ask for lozenges, but getting better every dose. Kind of gross at fist, but feels better after some swishing .. Thank you..
Dawn
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:52 PM
OMG..GROSS..Thrush....

Yes I developed thrush 2 days post op from gallbladder surgery. Doc called in Diflucan for 2 days. It took a little while to get better. I asked for Diflucan prophlatically for the hyster surgery and they said if I develop they would call me something in. So far so good 7 days post op. It just felt like a sore throat and the white was gross. Try to cut down on sugar also. This helps combat the yeast. Good luck.
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:49 AM
OMG..GROSS..Thrush....

I am 5 days post op and woke up with thrush!!! I am not a happy person. Just spoke to the doc. She is calling in diflucan.
Unread 07-14-2007, 08:14 AM
OMG..GROSS..Thrush....

I have developed thrush, too. I was told due to antibiotics, etc. I agree...yeast infection in the mouth! Yuck.
Unread 07-14-2007, 10:28 AM
OMG..GROSS..Thrush....

I got thrush after my tonsilectomy last year. Lozenges & eat yogurt, lots of yogurt!
Unread 07-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh, I feel your pain, honey.

After I had my tummy tuck a few years ago, I could barely MOVE! I developed the worst yeast infection on my entire life, (try dealing with THAT after a TT!!!) AND had Thrush right along with it! It was the worst experience of my life. It took 2 doses of Diflucan, 1 week, and alot of tears to get through, but it eventually went away. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugmetight66
Hello ladies... I am exactly 7 days this morning, post-op for TAH but I was lucky (I hope) to keep both ovaries. DR. said they were both very healthy. Took uterus and cervix. My vag. bleeding/discharge stopped after 4 days totally. Nothing at all. Normal? Dr. said it may start agin. Not to worry. This is the first time I have been able to get on this "LIFESAVING SITE" since surgery. ALOT of severe gas pain and I was cut from hip to hip with severe bruising just past incision and belly button.

Got a copu of biopsy whish is VERY confusing... Say's "The endometrial cavity is filled with Mocopurlent Hemorrhagic soft tissue involving the anterior and posterior endometrium and surrounded by Trabeculated Meyometrium with rare Hemmorrhagic cysts. Also say's Ablated endometrium with old hemorrhage, fibrosis, and scarring. There is marked chronic active inflammation seen within the endometrium and extends into the myometrium. Sourse of this cannot be determnined. "MYOMETRIUM with ANDENOMYOSIS." "SQUAMOUS METAPLASIA." Portion of mature adipose tissue consistant with OMENTUM.
My goodness.. This is another language to me. When I asked DR. what it all meant, he said and circled Adenomyiosis. That's it! Anyone know this language? It's all out of me now, so don't worry! Okay........LOL...

My bowls and bladder are not yet even close to normal.

My big thing now is I developed these painful, white bumps on my tongue and a few on inside of cheeks. I am a OCD type with clealiness, and I have THRUSH!!! Like a yeast infect. in my mouth.. YUK! Dr. said most likely cause is high dose of antibiotics right before (15 min) surgery and during. Also either in combination with or due to "Dry Mouth" which is also caused by anti-nausea meds. Has anyone else gotten this??? I haven't read posts where anyone has gotten thrush too. May have missed it..

Eeekkkkkkkkkkk....

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.