HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Sharp Shooting Stabbing Pains 4 Weeks Post Op Sharp Shooting Stabbing Pains 4 Weeks Post Op

Unread 04-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Sharp Shooting Stabbing Pains 4 Weeks Post Op

I have been having sharp stabbing pains in my lower right abdominal region, that radiate down to the vulva. At times when I urinate it just kills me it hurts so bad. This pains comes, and goes, but it is happening more frequent. Is this happening to anyone else, or am I just crazy?

Help,
Ursar
<oops: email address removed for safety reasons>
Unread 04-08-2007, 12:43 PM

Same here at nearly 3 weeks post-op. The other night I couldn't even catch my breath it hurt so bad, I thought I would fall over. It's the same as yours: periodic and stabbing. I'd love to hear from others about this. I was just assuming it was healing. I hope it's nothing worse.
Unread 04-08-2007, 03:47 PM

I too have been having pain and sometime difficulty passing water.
My doc said its because the bladder is no longer supported so is falling around in there. I just wonder how long this goes on, I'm feeling like I'm not emptying my bladder properly.
The pain in my right side has now gone in to the left yesterday. It was so painful to get up and move.
I wish I could understand just what is going on in there.
I'll be interested to see what othere sisters say.
But at least we know were not alone.
Unread 04-08-2007, 05:12 PM

Hi Stephanie,

I too am glad to hear I am not alone in this. I wondered if it was my bladder, kidney stone, apendix, or something else. I went to the ER last night, and they did a CAT SCAN. The scan did not show any blockages. The ER doctor did not know what was causing this strange pain.

I had a partial hystorectemy 8 years ago, and they removed everything, but left my overies, and tubes. I had the rest removed last month, and was looking forward to feeling like a brand new person. Yikes I did not expect to be having these issues.

After my surgery, I had a problem with the anestesia...my bowls, and bladder would not wake up. They sent me home with a cathetor. The next day I was able to urinate very slugishley, so they removed it. It took about a week for my bowls to start working, and about the same for my bladder. To only start having differen issues a month later.

I now have intense sharp stabbing pain intermitently in my lower right
abdominal area, that radiates down into my private parts. The pain comes, and goes out of no wear.

I don't know what it is...but as srtange as it may sound, I find comfort in knowing that other women may be, or have had this bizar, stange issue. It gives me hope that a full recovery is around the corner.

Thanks for sharing your situation with me.
ursar
Unread 04-08-2007, 05:37 PM

Hi Horizon,

Hi Stephanie,

I too am glad to hear I am not alone in this. I wondered if it was my bladder, kidney stone, apendix, or something else. I went to the ER last night, and they did a CAT SCAN. The scan did not show any blockages. The ER doctor did not know what was causing this strange pain.

I had a partial hystorectemy 8 years ago, and they removed everything, but left my overies, and tubes. I had the rest removed last month, and was looking forward to feeling like a brand new person. Yikes I did not expect to be having these issues.

After my surgery, I had a problem with the anestesia...my bowls, and bladder would not wake up. They sent me home with a cathetor. The next day I was able to urinate very slugishley, so they removed it. It took about a week for my bowls to start working, and about the same for my bladder. To only start having differen issues a month later.

I now have intense sharp stabbing pain intermitently in my lower right
abdominal area, that radiates down into my private parts. The pain comes, and goes out of no wear.

I don't know what it is, but as srtange as it may sound, I find comfort in knowing that other women may be, or have had this bizar, stange issue.

Thanks for sharing,
ursar
Unread 04-08-2007, 05:45 PM

I too had some sharp burning pain at about 3-4 weeks in lower abdomen. I was concerned about it talked with my doctor and he stated it was common especially if you over do it. I am now 8 weeks post op on Monday and no longer have those pains. Now I just have an occasional twinge that lets me know to take it easy. But painful urination could be a urinary tract infection. So it is always good to check with your physician!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.