HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Belly Fat So Uncomfortable! Belly Fat So Uncomfortable!

Unread 04-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Belly Fat So Uncomfortable!

Its 3 years since my hysterectomy... & I couldnt feel better from NOT having periods and getting rid of the fibroids. BUT I now have disgusting belly fat and a midriff bulge that I NEVER had before!!!I always say "Im uncomfortable in the middle" and my kids laugh at me. All kidding aside, and YES I have weight to lose I have questions:
First I have never taken hormones and I had EVERYTHING removed. SO If I take hormones...does that HELP get rid of the bulge or make it worse?
My dr advised me to take the hormones but I dont have sweats or mood swings...I feel pretty good! Other than the weight and the belly fat.
PLEASE email me with any advise as I am SO upset over this and dont know what to do!!! I have been excercising now also going on 3 weeks and have not even shed a single ounce.
Im almost 51 and need to lose 50 lbs. *sigh*
Unread 04-24-2007, 12:28 PM

Debbss, I am almost 41 and have over 100 lbs to lose. Last week I started the Weight Watchers points system. I lost 7 lbs this first week . For me, it has helped me realize that I was eating more than I thought and can get by on way less than I thought. At some point, I will add some exercise . You may want to try this (it can be done on your own online or you can just buy a starter kit and do in on your own if you can't find a meeting near you or don't have time to go to a meeting). Now as far as the hormone issue goes, if you don't have sweats and feel good and sleep well, it sounds like you don't need them. However, if you try a weight loss program and still can't lose then maybe you might want to give replacement therapy a trial. I am taking ERT and thought that I could not lose while on it but I have just proven myself wrong. I really know what you mean by being "uncomfortable in the middle" as most of my weight is in the middle. Prayers and best of luck to you whatever you decide to do or try.
Unread 04-24-2007, 02:14 PM

Oh boy, I know what you mean. I eat a very healthy diet, but I don't always get the exercise I should. I have gained about 10 lbs since my TAH/BSO but I don't believe it is necessarily from hormones or lack of. I have a sedentary job and I spend sometimes 10 hours a day at work on the computer, so if I don't get any exercise then that day is completely sedentary. I have less and less of a waistline. My body shape has certainly changed and I'm a lot more "gooshy" than before. We post-meno women have to work twice as hard to keep the weight off it seems.
Unread 04-24-2007, 02:16 PM

I absolutely *****. I feel so deformed
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Boy do I know what you are saying. The first years were the worst I had to wear pants with elastic on the waist. I had such a hard time finding clothes that fit right. I gained weight probably because my abdomen hurt. It hurt for a long time how are you supposed to exercise when you abdomen is hurting. About all you can do is walk. I then went to a physical therapist for my abdomenial pain and that helped. Have been to weight loose meetings that help some more but I know the hormones are making it hard to lose weight even following the plan it was hard to drop the pounds. Then I discovered that my bladder was giving me pain in the abdomenial area. Did treatments for that and now am trying a low impact excercise program.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway