HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

sweating in the groin area...am i the only one? sweating in the groin area...am i the only one?

Unread 05-02-2007, 06:04 PM
sweating in the groin area...am i the only one?

hey ya'll,
ever since my hysterectomy i have noticed when i'm outside and its very hot; i sweat like CRAZY in the groin area. I have never had 'problems' with this before; yes i have sweated there..but not like this. it looks like i wet my pants!! i dont imagine there's any cure for this? its awfully embarrassing. what on earth could have happened in my body (via hysterectomy) for this to happen?! i've not seen any posts on this so i fear i'm alone in this...oddity!
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:13 PM

I would think hormones cause this--only because before I had my hyst I used to have the same problem right before and during my period. Anyone else have a thought??
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:48 PM

You are not alone, kimberlyjean! I, too, am going nuts with this annoying by-product of my hysterectomy. The problem itself is not new to me, but it does seem worse than before. I'm hoping it levels itself off soon as yes, it can be embarrasing.

Not as embarrasing as standing up after an hour-long meeting with blood running down my thighs, though! I'll never have to scoot to the bathroom with my briefcase in front of me hoping I make it before I soak my pants!

I suppose wearing natural fabrics (cotton) as opposed to synthetics could help. I hate cotton panties, though! It may be the only solution.

colls
Unread 05-02-2007, 08:53 PM

I've actually used panty liners some because of the same issue. Yes, it can be embarrasing.....ugh

Hugs
Kathy
Unread 05-02-2007, 08:59 PM

Due to this problem, that is why I wear no underwear at night. I gotta breathe!
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:33 PM

I had My TAH/BSO in january
I have always sweat like a pig , always hot, but its worse for me now too...I use a panty liner also,
because of it and I go bare butt at night too! cant stand
feeling panties give when im trying rest and they twist and bind!
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:51 PM

I have always had this problem so here are a few of my tips. wear cotton fabrics, wear loose clothing like long cotton breathable dresses instead of shorts, say no to panty hose, another trick is when you get outta the bath or shower, hang around in the nude a bit. give yourself a little air time. Wait until after youve done hair, makeup, etc. and then get dressed. Also my gyn suggested using the drier down there set on low for a few seconds. I go without undies at night as often as possible. If you need pjs go for gowns cuz pants defeat the purpose. You may also find you need to change panties a couple times a day to keep down on moisture and bacteria. I didnt notice where your from but Im in SC and wet undies and SC summers spell yeast infection.
I have also used unscented powder on the area around there, like on my inner thighs. It helps too. Hope you can use some of this.
Ginny
Unread 05-03-2007, 12:13 AM

Same problem here, Ditto everything Ginny suggested.

Most nights my night sweats are only from the waist down, what is that all about? I have always had the sweaty underwear thing and I find that wearing clothes as loose as possible and powder helps. If I am just going to be at home, I put it on pretty heavy. I think a white cloud follows me all day! LOL

Is there no end to all this nonsense? :-) I am laughing now because I just might cry if I don't. I am awake when I want to sleep, hot when I want to be cool, having to take it slow when I want to be busy, I'm just done! I feel great and don't regret surgery. But tired of the doing too much wears me out stuff and just ready for my life to go on already. I'm at 4 weeks so maybe this is just the 4 week syndrome. I knew it would be a slow process, but I'm ready for the timer to go off NOW and call this done!

Sandra, a fellow sweathog! LOL
Unread 05-03-2007, 08:32 AM

I had this happen to me last weekend and I was totally embarrassed when I went to the bathroom and noticed my pants where very wet down there. I was in a humid environment and I was hot but this is a first for me also.

I was wearing army green pants and it was very noticeable

I also have fibromyalgia and was in a bad flare up at that time and one of our symptoms is not regulating temperatures of our bodies........we experence extreme colds and extreme hots - nothing in between.

Also be very careful of being too wet downt there as that can possibly cause yeast infections.
Unread 05-03-2007, 09:33 AM

I never had this problem until post hyst. As soon as I get home I put on yoga pants alone. I also sleep without panties and this helps.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.