HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Stage III Pre cancer High grade dysplasia, Still there after Cervix removed Stage III Pre cancer High grade dysplasia, Still there after Cervix removed

Unread 05-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Stage III Pre cancer High grade dysplasia, Still there after Cervix removed

Hi, I haven't seen anyone mention high grade dysplasia for a reason for a hysterectomy. The pathologist was anxious for me to schedule a TAH. I am hoping to keep my ovaries, althoug I have had cysts on one of them before. Can the Dr. tell if they are ok when he is in there? Is anyone else having this surgery for this same reason? June 18th. Already nervous. :run3:
Unread 05-09-2007, 06:19 PM

I did not have surgery for this reason, but my Doctor did tell me that my ovaries were healthy so he left them alone.. I assume by that they can tell.
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:08 PM

I had severe dysplasia almost 5 years ago. They did a leep procedure and have been keeping a close eye on it. I went from clean pap to sever dysplasia in 6 months, they said had I gone another 6 to my next annual it would have been full blown cancer and they couldn't figure out why it progressed so rapidly. Now, while I'm not in the exact same situation as you, I do know b/c of that being in my history and my sister having a rare form of cancer at 34 is helping the dr. lean towards the hysterectomy. Anyway, I would assume that would be considered a reason for it and I'm sure they will be able to check the condition of the ovaries while they are in there. Good luck with everything!
Unread 05-10-2007, 06:31 AM

I had dysplasia, hyperplasia, and precancerous tumors prior to my hyst. I'm happy to say that pathology came back benign and my paps have all been normal since then. It's been almost 5 years now.
My ovaries were removed because of the cancer risks. I think that you should discuss it with your dr. Weigh all the pros and cons and together make the decision that is best for you.

S

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.