HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Endosalpingiosis, anyone? Endosalpingiosis, anyone?

Unread 05-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Question - Endosalpingiosis, anyone? Endosalpingiosis, anyone?

Ok, When I had my lap 2 years ago the biopsies showed endometriosis and endosalpingiosis. So there are cells from the uterus and fallopian tubes. We believe a really bad cyst that ruptured 3 years ago is the cause of my endo problems today (I never had bad periods, cramps or chronic pain prior to it rupturing and have never been pain free since). When my dr gave me the biopsy results he didn't even mention the endosalpingiosis and when I asked him what it was (saw the paper) he said it was just basically the same thing, different cells.. jerk.

ANYWAY, I haven't seen this mentioned by anyone else and was wondering if anyone had heard of it or had any experience with it. It had been mentioned that they usually go hand in hand.
Unread 05-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Endosalpingiosis, anyone?

Endosalpingosis is a more rare condition but I did find an older thread on the site about it with a link to an explaination!

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ndosalpingosis (The link you want is in post #5.)

Endometriosis occurs when the endometrium (lining of the enterior of the uterus) resides outside the uterus. Endosalpingosis occurs when the lining of the fallopian tubes resides outside of the fallopian tubes. So they are very similar, but different cells. They both can create cyst type bubbles and often if one has endosalpingosis, endometriosis is also found. While endometriosis is often accompanied by many symptoms, endosalpingosis generally causes no symptoms but when it does, the pain is similar to endometriosis and treated as endometriosis would be treated.

I hope this helps! s
Unread 05-10-2007, 09:19 PM

Thank you so much. I appreciate you looking into it for me!! You're great by the way! It is odd to me that there is such little info that can be found on it, and what I could find was all pretty vague. Thanks again!
Unread 04-05-2008, 03:40 AM

Hi. I just had my surgery last week and the pathology showed I had this condition too and that it had caused some serious levels of distortion of other organs. (Surgeon was gobsmacked at how prolific it was.) I am wondering if it too can recur like endometriosis even after the surgery. Any clues anyone?)
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:05 AM

To my knowledge it can have the reoccurence but not positive. It's hard to find anyone who has had it or even heard of this. Glad to know I'm not alone on this one. I truly haven't had many problems since my surgery and recovery. 9 months has healed a lot and I hope you experience the same!!
Unread 04-06-2008, 03:25 PM

Thanks Danielle. Its great to know you have had a positive healing experience over the 9 months. I am truly hoping for the same. I have had quite a few complications during and post the surgery but am hoping I am coming to the end of them. I too am finding it difficult to find anyone who has even heard of it let alone had it but if anything else comes up that might be useful for you too to know about I will be sure to post.
Unread 04-06-2008, 06:03 PM

Alison, well it is comforting knowing others who have gone through the same. My recovery was a hard process and I still get phantom pains out of no where but in comparison to the pain I wasin for a few years before the surgery.. it's a distant memory that I'm glad is gone. It really will make a huge difference even though it might be hard to believe right now. Just hang in there and let me know if you need to talk!
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:59 AM
Re: Endosalpingiosis, anyone?

I too have been diagnosed with endosalpingiosis which caused a 3cm tumor in my left fallopian tube it was removed and diagnosed when i was 20. I have also found it difficult to find information on especially where it resulted in a tumor.
I had to explain the condition to my gp today, who seems to think I am in need of more surgery to diagnose endometriosis due to chronic pain.
if anyone comes across information on endosalpingiosis resulting in a tumor I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

cheers
Unread 07-25-2011, 12:34 AM

Yes! I had this same diagnosis after my surgery in 2007. My doc explained to me that the two conditions are very similar so he basically gave me all the info for the endometriosis and said they were treated the same. I have had the endometriosis for about 11 years, but I believe the endosalpingiosis became involved and worsened my condition after an ovarian cyst ruptured in 2007.
Unread 09-13-2011, 10:25 PM

I had pain for 4 Years before detection
Diagnosed on April 4, 2011
I have 4 Children

I had my tubes tied after delivering my 4th child was a normal c section delivery. I noticed after delivery that during my menstrual I would have crippling pains in my lower left abdomen and had a mass about the size of a golf ball directly on my c section incision. After waiting and enduring it for 3 years went to a OBGYN who dared not touch me or give a diagnosis of any kind he prescribed birth control pills and suggested I speak with my OBGYN that delivered my baby. I finally went to my originating OBGYN and explained the issue he suggested surgery to remove the mass. After the surgery I thought all was well but the pain came right back after 1 month. The OB that performed the surgery explained to me that the lab reports show that I have endosalpingiosis and he never heard of it and said he would research and let me know whats next. Well it has been 4 months no phone call..no resolution JUST PAIN!!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.