HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Allergy to bio-identical cream? Allergy to bio-identical cream?

Unread 05-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Allergy to bio-identical cream?

Hi Ladies:
I was wondering if any of you have ever used bio-identical hormone cream, topical, and had an adverse reaction to it? If so what was your reaction? I have hives from the one I have been using. It is made from Wild Yams only, no soy, and the pharmacy uses a versabase cream. They tell me it consists of aleo vera, vitamine E, mineral oil and some other stuff. They tell me it is hypo-allergenic. Please let me know if you have any info with regards to this. Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 05-12-2007, 08:34 PM

Hi Candis

I'm sorry you have hives those can be pretty awful.

I have lots of allergies...skin and other wise. I have found that hypo-allergenic means that "most people" don't have a sensitivity to it. I am sensitive to aloe vera so I wouldn't be able to use that particular product without having a reaction. If the cream is causing YOU a reaction, then there is something in it that you are reacting to. Let your pharmacist know.

I'm using a troche and am quite happy with it. Well....the progesterone doesn't taste the best, but the raspberry and spearmint flavorings help a lot. I can put up with a little bit of bad taste for hormone balance.

I hope you find something that works for you without causing you a reaction.

s,
Kay
Unread 05-13-2007, 10:23 PM

Hi:
It is funny that you posted this question because I was going to do the same thing only for a different side effect. For two years I have been taking Bi-estrogen cream and it has been the only one that has worked. However, since I started taking it I have been experiencing periodic episodes of dizziness. My doctor said that the cream does not cause this but i was brave enough to stop it for one day and no more dizziness. So now I need to look into changing it into a yam base and hypoallergenic and see if this side effect goes away. However, I have not had allergic reactions in terms of skin disorders. May I ask what compounding company you use? Thanks
Unread 05-14-2007, 08:13 AM

I'm allergic to mineral oil, so that product wouldn't be hypo-allergenic for me.

I use a compounded bio-identical gel. It looks like a cream (it is white), but it feels and behaves like a gel. It absorbs very quickly, which I really like. In less than 30 seconds, I am ready to get dressed!

I had an allergic reaction to the adhesive in the Vivelle Dot. My skin was very itchy underneath each patch.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.