HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

Notices

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Feels like I'm sitting on a tampon-Has anyone experienced this feeling? Feels like I'm sitting on a tampon-Has anyone experienced this feeling?

Unread 05-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Feels like I'm sitting on a tampon-Has anyone experienced this feeling?

I'm five weeks post-op today. I'm doing well, however, when I sit down it feels like I am wearing a tampon. Has anyone had this feeling? I have a TVT Sling, and I wonder if there is any correlation.
Unread 05-22-2007, 04:36 PM

Dear HL,
I can't speak to the TVT Sling, but yes I've been having a similar experience. Mine is being caused by a rectocele (bowel falling into vaginal vault). And that's EXACTLY what MINE feels like. Mine started 2 weeks after my TVH. At first it felt like something was stuck in my vagina and causing a lot of pressure. As the surgical swelling decreased the pressure decreased as well but not the feeling of something being stuck. Actually, the feeling comes and goes to varying degrees.

Many here can see a ball of tissue type thing sitting at the edge or hanging out of the vagina. I don't see anything like that but do have the feeling like I'm sitting on something in there and pinching it.

You and I are still in recovery from our surgeries so it's a little early to be definite about anything. I assume since you had the sling, you were already experiencing some sort of prolapse. Is that right? Hopefully, yours is just from the surgery healing. You're still pretty early post-op.

Sorry to hear you're having this problem. it goes away as you heal further. And welcome to the other side. LJC
Unread 05-22-2007, 05:08 PM

Thanks for your reply LuvAggs85. Along with the TVH (kept ovaries), TVT Sling I had A & P Repair. I do not see "a ball of tissue" sitting at the edge or hanging out of the vagina. I certainly am hoping that it is just healing from surgery.

Best wishes to you during your recovery period.

Hiker Lady
Unread 05-22-2007, 05:53 PM

HL,
With all that, I would assume what you're feeling is from healing. BUT, I forgot and meant to say in my first posting, that you may want to let your Dr. know what you're feeling if it's not something "he" warned you about. Just to be on the safe side. Especially, if it's a change from how you have been feeling.

Hopefully soon, some other sisters who've had similar repairs to yours will come on soon and share their experiences.

Hope you feel better soon. LJC
Unread 05-22-2007, 06:24 PM

I felt like I was sitting on a jagged tampon. On exam she felt a small piece of the TVT eroded through. Hoping it is healing because I don't feel it anymore, has been 2 weeks since that exam. Then last week I felt that same feeling only at the entrance of the vagina. I would wiggle around to try and make it stop. Finally I said WHAT IS THAT and put my finger in there. It scared me at first, it felt rough and I thought that TVT was way at the entrance. Upon further feeling I could tell it was stitches and I just felt it again today and it not as rough and feels like it's almost gone. I am assuming (and after reading surgical report and info on the procedure) it is stitches and I don't feel the irritation anymore. I wonder if what you are feeling could be healing of your vaginal cuff if you had one. And I do think there is a lot of swelling so maybe you are feeling the fullness from that. Anyway, that is just my thoughts and experience. These ladies here have had way more experiences than I have and I admire them all for their courage and willingness to share such personal things with us.

I hope that tampon feeling goes away for you soon, we are supposed to D-O-N-E with that business! LOL

Sandra
Unread 05-23-2007, 01:21 AM

Hello....

I had A/P repair,but no sling, and this tampon feeling stayed around with me for several weeks as the stitches worked out and the swelling died down. By your six weeks check up, you should be feeling more comfortable, but then is a good time for your surgeon to have a look and check that it is a normal part of healing and not a problem with a 'cele or the sling. Definitely discuss it at your next appointment.
Unread 05-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Thank you ladies for you comments about the tampon feeling.

Ladies,

Thanks so much for your comments about the tampon feeling with I sit down. I will definitely discuss this with the doctor when I see him.
Unread 05-23-2007, 12:33 PM

Hy sisters,
i'm checkin in and updating from my total mesh removal on the 30 th of april, i'm doing pretty good now, i went to the restaurant (we have a small mom/pop bbq/steakhouse)but i only helped a little, (i had to make a batch of my hot sauce ) since i've been on my feet more the pain is returning in the lower back and the back of the legs (all the way down)dont know if its from nerve damage or what, i go back for 6 week check up in a few weeks, you all take care, i'll check in later, Sue # 1(plumhollow)

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.