HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

LAVH LSO  - Hysterectomy helps sciatic nerve! LAVH LSO - Hysterectomy helps sciatic nerve!

Unread 05-25-2007, 02:11 AM
LAVH LSO - Hysterectomy helps sciatic nerve!

For 6 years of being treated for a bulging disc and sciatic nerve pain in my leg, hip and groin, I was surprised to find out the I had a uterin fribroid, ovarian cycsts and now pre cancerous cervix tissue. I guess I was taking care of one set of problems and didn't realize I was not checking on other organs as well. The docter was NOT supportive that the hysterectomy would cure all of my pain. His recomendation was to treat each OBGYN problem with individual treatments...D&C, hormone therapy and leeps. Now it's been a couple of day since my surgery and I am having less pain than the last 6 years!

I won't get my hopes up too high. I still have to recover. The pain was so severe that I was on daily doses of Oxycodone, while using a cane and a wheelchair for bigger trips.

I am so happy that I can walk again! My only suggestion is that if you are being treated for a chronic condition, don't neglect other parts of you in the process. My mother had MS for 20 years and was a very good patient of MS. So when she got a chest cold that would go away, she ignored it...thinking it probably has something to do with MS. After 2 years of ignoring it, a simple exray shown she has lung cancers in stage 4. The MS wrote a chapter on her story to teach others. Thank you.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.