HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Body Aches - like the flu after hysterectomy Body Aches - like the flu after hysterectomy

Unread 06-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Body Aches - like the flu after hysterectomy

Hi everyone, I had a hysterectomy about 5 weeks ago and I am suffering from severe body aches (like the flu)! My doctor thinks this is because my estrogen is low (25). It appears I was not absorbing any estrogen from the patches. I am now on a pill and my estrogen has gone to 55 after one week. Does anyone else have the symptom of BODY ACHES due to low estrogen! I feel like I am going crazy and I am not functioning well at all! I have been taking pain killers to help the body aches, but I guess I am just really worried that they are not really being caused by the low estrogen. Can anyone relate to this feeling?
Unread 06-13-2007, 03:14 PM

I forgot to say that he has doubled my dosage on the estrogen pill and says he wants to get my level to about 100.
Unread 06-13-2007, 05:29 PM

You are NOT alone...I have had no HRT and have experienced a lot of body aches. There are times I cringe as I go down the stairs the first time in the morning. Ibuprofin(sp) is my closest friend....but I started yoga again once I was released to do so (last month) and I can tell a difference already. I know it hurts but keep moving! I do a little stretching in bed prior to getting up and that seems to help also. It will ease ...
Unread 06-13-2007, 07:50 PM

Are you moving/walking a lot? I had bad body aches at 2-3 weeks post op and the doc said it could be because I stopped using my muscles. It was so bad in my legs that I could not sleep. The more I moved and walked the better it got.

I don't take any hormones since I kept my ovaries so I can't help you there.

I hope you find a solution to your aches soon.
Unread 06-15-2007, 12:04 AM

Yep....I thought I had the flu...felt like my bones hurt!! I take ibuprofen and drink lots of water and take vitamins and exercise - walking, stretching....I wish we had a hot tub to sooth the soreness! If you can tolerate it a nice massage helps too...it breaks up all the toxins and gets your system moving again. Hope this helps....and you are not alone!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.