HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

Notices

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Lump in armpit Lump in armpit

Unread 06-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Lump in armpit

Hi all,

I have a large lump (swollen lymph node, probably) in the arm pit of my right arm. It has been there for a couple of months, and just recently (with the last week) has gotten larger, but is not painful. I haven't had any infections or anything recently which might cause this.

What kind of worries me is that I was diagnosed with vaginal carcinoma in situ in February, and had laser vaporization surgery for it in May. I've also felt extremely tired and weak for the past year.

I have an appointment with my doctor in a month. Should I wait that long to get it checked out? Has anyone had anything like this? Is it anything to worry about?

Thanks and s,

Lisa
Unread 06-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Lump in armpit

Hi Sashi,
I had a lump in my neck that turned out to be nothing BUT any lump needs checked especially if it is getting larger. It would not hurt to at least call your doctor & let them know what is going on. I hope it is a case of nothing.
Bertha
Unread 06-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Lump in armpit

Hi Sashi,

BerthC is right. You should call your doctor and tell him the lump has gotten bigger. He may be able to get you in to see him earlier and you won't have to worry about it for the next month. I know you may be scared, but we are all here to help you. I hope it is nothing. My sister had a lump on her back and it turned out to be just a cyst. Be well!
Unread 06-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Lump in armpit

Hi,
For your piece of mind and to position yourself to be better equipped to do something (if it is indeed a cancerous finding) get into your doc ASAP. They always keep appointment times for emergencies.

You, of course, should be mindful that your original cancer diagnosis could cause future gyn health problems but you also need to know that it can also make you susceptible to other types of cancer. (ie. gynecological cancers have a strong correlation to colo-rectal and breast cancers)

Just make the call, get in to see the doc and put this behind you! Don't spend your summer worrying.

Beachball
Unread 06-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Lump in armpit

Ditto what the other gals have said. We all know you're just going to worry about it unless you call ('cause we would), and you certainly don't want to waste any of your summer doing that!

monami
Unread 06-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Lump in armpit

A phone call can't hurt anything now can it? Maybe let your doc decide if it's something that should be worried about.
Unread 06-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Lump in armpit

Thanks, ladies. I called and was able to get an appointment next Wednesday. So, I guess, if the lump is still there, we'll see what's up then.

s,

Lisa
Unread 06-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Lump in armpit

I'm glad you are going to get it checked out, Shashi!

Good luck, please let us know what the doc has to say!

xoxo
k9
Unread 06-22-2007, 05:29 AM
Lump in armpit

Shashi - I hope you discover the lump is nothing to be worried about!

s
Unread 06-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Lump in armpit

Good luck Wednesday Shashi,

I have discovered the same...a small red lump in my right underarm. I am hoping it's a big fat nothing, of course, but I'm watching and waiting and looking forward to hearing what your doc has to say about yours.

K9

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.