HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Do Your Feet Hurt in the Morning? Do Your Feet Hurt in the Morning?

Unread 06-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Do Your Feet Hurt in the Morning?

My sister, Patty, has problems with her feet hurting really bad when she gets out of bed and starts walking. She decided to do some research on this online, and came across something that caught her eye.

It was about the way a person's feet are positioned when she sleeps. The article said "Do not sleep with your feet pointing downward." She thinks they meant the angle a ballerina's feet are in when she is on her toes.

Patty had been sleeping on her back with the top sheet tucked in at the foot of the bed. This made her feet point downward and she never realized it. She decided to put the suggestion to the test. She made her bed with the sheet untucked. She also decided to try sleeping on her stomach with her feet hanging off the the end of the bed.

She woke up on her back with her feet pointed up toward the ceiling and it was time to put the suggestion to the test. WOW! Her feet didn't hurt when she walked. Usually going downstairs is absolute torture. She reports that her feet have felt great all day!
Unread 06-26-2007, 04:41 PM

My feet hurt when I first wake up. I can hardly walk to the bathroom. I kind of hobble there . I had a bone scan done a year ago and they said I have arthritis in my knees and feet
Unread 07-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Feet hurting

Haven't been on this board in a long time, but thought I'd add my two cents. I am overweight and have been having issues of the bottoms of my feet hurting when I first get out of bed. I can hardly walk sometimes and after I get up and going, it fades away. It was primarily my right foot and located more towards the heel area. I am seeing my doctor concerning this. Being a healthcare professional, I do a lot of research and came up with the following.

A diagnosis can be Plantar Facsitis. This is very common in obese people, especially women. One of the suggestions was to watch how one sleeps... as noted by NartyFL. Heel splints help. There are stretching exercises that one can do to help this from occuring.

Check out ... http://heelspurs.com/index.html for more information into what I alluded to.
Helen
Unread 07-12-2007, 07:30 PM

Helen ... 2 of my friends, my boss, an acquaintence and myself all have/had the same thing and, with four of us it was the plantar facsiitis and with one it was heel spurs. I have had PF since early December and still have issues with it. Make sure you GENTLY stretch a few times a day, apply ice (frozen peas work really well) to the bottoms of your feet at the end of the day and/or after a long walk. Apply for at least 15 minutes ... a few other good suggestions are buy a couple bags of marbles and place in a shoe box or something similar and just roll your foot around on them for, again, about 15 mintues. Place a towel on the floor and then put your foot flat on the floor (bare foot) and try picking up the towel with your toes. Many things you can do to GENTLY stretch, massage, and reduce inflamation in your foot. All of us have also invested in orthodics ... made a world of difference. But, it is not something you get over quickly. Oh yes, never, ever go barefoot , especially on hard surfaces. Anyway, I am no medical professional, but in our group we have tried quite a few different things and these seemed to be the ones that worked best. Hope you get some relief, soon.
Unread 08-28-2007, 02:56 PM

Forgot to come back here and look at this posting. I know about exercises and all of that. I was responding to the sister with the original question.
But thanks for the response, for I know it will help someone else.
Unread 10-06-2007, 12:06 PM

I've had plantar fasciitis for over two years now. I've tried stretching, massage, physical therapy, electrical stimulation (electrophoresis), night splints and acupuncture. The only things that work for me is ibuprofen though it's bad for long term use and night splints. No cure for me yet. I'm mildly overweight but very active and I run several times a week. Good luck on finding what works for you because everyone is different!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.