Surgery tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow Surgery tomorrow

Unread 06-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Surgery tomorrow

Hi everyone am due to have a hysterecomy and repair tomorrow am scared stiff.And feel like i have a cold .Is there anyone out there who is also scared .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Surgery tomorrow

Hi Pernera....

You're not alone...I'm absolutely petrified...and I'm just going for my surgical consult tomorrow (no scheduled date yet). Just read a great entry by a lady named Tina in the "I'm so tired" thread...she talked of how worried she was for the three months before her surgery. Now that she's home recovering, she feels silly to have been so stressed. (I'm sure we'll both feel that way when it's over too!) You should check it out...it made me feel much better.

Good luck tomorrow...you'll be in my thoughts. Keep us posted (when you're home and up to it!)

Debi
Unread 06-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Surgery tomorrow

Hi Pernera~I am also having surgery tomorrow. Did all my pre-op testing today. Just got a phone call that I have to be at the hospital at 6:30AM.
I know it is scary, but just think of the positives. If you were in pain with your monthly--it will be all gone!! I was terribly scared last week just thinking about it. But now that it is here, I am absolutely certain that I am making the right choice. I hope and pray for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery. Keep in touch if you need more pick-me-ups!
The ladies are great here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Surgery tomorrow

Hi sister,

You will do just fine! Maybe I can help some by saying that I was the biggest chicken on this board before my surgery. After my surgery I was completely astounded by the fact that I didn't hurt near as much as before the surgery. For me it was over in two blinks and I woke up and immediately felt relief. No more pain radiating down my legs, no more cramps, no more bleeding and no more back pain. I just felt like I had done a bunch of situps, that was all. My recovery has been very easy. I know it's not like that for everyone but I wanted to try and put your mind at ease.

Hugs go to you and best wishes!
Unread 06-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Surgery tomorrow

Hi Perna I'm another one going in tomorrow and we both we will be just fine. Sending prayers and postive thoughts out to you & smm and all of us going in tomorrow.
Unread 06-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Surgery tomorrow

good luck to you .Chat soon . big hugs x
Unread 06-26-2007, 02:33 PM
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuebird
Hi sister,

You will do just fine! Maybe I can help some by saying that I was the biggest chicken on this board before my surgery. After my surgery I was completely astounded by the fact that I didn't hurt near as much as before the surgery. For me it was over in two blinks and I woke up and immediately felt relief. No more pain radiating down my legs, no more cramps, no more bleeding and no more back pain. I just felt like I had done a bunch of situps, that was all. My recovery has been very easy. I know it's not like that for everyone but I wanted to try and put your mind at ease.

Hugs go to you and best wishes!
Thanks for your message not sure if i have got the hang of replying on this site. thanks for your support
Unread 06-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Surgery tomorrow

You are very welcome. <Please keep support on the boards as per the site TOS. Thanks!>
Unread 06-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Surgery tomorrow

It' s natural to be scared, worried, and second guessing yourself.I was. My surgery went fine, and my recovery has been great, no major complaints here. I hope you guys do well. Trust me the worst is just the waiting. (((HUGS))) Try not to worry too much, it will be okay.
Unread 06-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Surgery tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm83076
Hi Pernera~I am also having surgery tomorrow. Did all my pre-op testing today. Just got a phone call that I have to be at the hospital at 6:30AM.
I know it is scary, but just think of the positives. If you were in pain with your monthly--it will be all gone!! I was terribly scared last week just thinking about it. But now that it is here, I am absolutely certain that I am making the right choice. I hope and pray for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery. Keep in touch if you need more pick-me-ups!
The ladies are great here!
Pernera,
I am also scheduled for tomorrow and was scared about the idea of having my doc cut me open, but with support of my hubby, am ready to get through this, cause like smm83076 says, think about the positives and how much pain you won't be in anymore. Good luck tomorrow, I will keep you in my prayers and see you on the other side.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register