HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

ky jelly for  vaginal dryness ky jelly for vaginal dryness

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:14 PM
ky jelly for vaginal dryness

Has anyone used ky jelly for vaginal dryness and found that it burns when you use it.I have used it for two days for vaginal dryness since i cant use estrogen creams i had a problem with that also burning me.I know KY has glycerin in it and wonder if that is making me burn or maybe their is alcohol in their which i found out that was in the estrogen cream i was given.thank you.
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:03 PM

Well, KY Jelly can be a good lubricant for during sex, but it isn't a solution for vaginal dryness. However, they do make another product, KY Long Lasting, that can be used for dryness, as can Replens. Both of those products are prepackaged in disposable applicators.

There are also Vitamin E vaginal suppositories that are quite soothing... if you do a google search for "Carlson Key-e suppositories" you'll find them.

I hope this helps.
s,
-Linda
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:59 PM

Gyne-Moistrin is another moisturizer for everyday use as well.
I found Replens produced nasty "wet tissue" discharge (others have said that here too).
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:58 AM

Pure Aloe Vera gel works nicely too. Purchase a quality product without additives. Place it in the refrigerator to chill, this helps with the current burning. You can use it as often as you need to. It is very soothing.

With the estrogen creams I had burning at first as well, for about 1 week, after that initial period, which was treated with the Aloe during the day...as I used the estrogen cream only at night ,it did go away. There are estrogen creams that you can get from compounding pharmacies that do not have the alcohol or other additives.

Another product Vagifem that is an estrogen capsule that is inserted rather than the cream.
Unread 07-09-2007, 12:06 PM

Has anyboby tried vitamin e vaginally i heard that is suppose to work for vaginal dryness and atrophy.
Unread 07-09-2007, 03:48 PM

I've tried the Vitamin E vaginal suppositories I mentioned above; they are quite nice and soothing.

s,
-Linda
Unread 07-09-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbabe
I've tried the Vitamin E vaginal suppositories I mentioned above; they are quite nice and soothing.

s,
-Linda
Thanks linda i went out and bought some vitamin E just the plain ones and was told just to poke some holes in it and insert twice a day for a week and then the next week i can cut the dose down it it seems to sooth me inside.I was told also at the drug store this is what alot of women use.At least this did not burn me like the premarin and the jelly.I was told this burned because i have not had any hormones in my system for many years and it gets very dry inside like it would in a dessert.pretty bad when you have an intimate part of your body that your told it's like a dessert inside all dried up.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.