HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Spotting 7 months after hysterectomy Spotting 7 months after hysterectomy

Unread 07-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Spotting 7 months after hysterectomy

Hi-I had my hysterectomy November 27, 2006. My recovery has gone pretty smooth but I have experienced some spotting especially after sex but the last time it has been more than usual, lasting a whole day or so. I do have a tender feeling inside. It's scary to say the least you know, 7 months after the surgery. I have read some of the postings having to do with the cuff and all. I am concerned about having to go back in and have the dr do more. If anyone can give me their experience with, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Linda
Unread 07-15-2007, 10:20 PM

Well I had issues with the cuff and had to have treatments. I did not have any spotting just pain. If I were you I would call your DR. Your DR might want to do an internal to see if the cuff is healing well or not. Best wishes to you and I hope you feel better soon.....Lisa
Unread 07-15-2007, 10:30 PM

It is possible to have some things crop up even months after a hyst. You might have some granulation that requires attention and treatment. The only way to know is to see your DR. He/she can look and tell you for sure. If your Dr says it is due to dryness, try using some silicone lube during sex. It reduces friction and can sometimes help. Spotting could be from the vagina not having enough moisture, that can cause irritation and spotting. Hope this helps, Jenn
Unread 07-15-2007, 10:31 PM

I would suggest making an appointment to see your doctor. It is possible that you are dealing with cuff issues, or it could some vaginal dryness or atrophy that is aggrevated by intercourse. Your doctor can exam you and see exactly what is doing on so you can be treated properly.

in there and keep us posted! s
Unread 07-16-2007, 09:00 PM

Thank you all so much for your answers. This website was a godsend right before my surgery for all the questions I had and really did take the fear out of the hysterectomy for me. After the surgery, I would check online and read up on questions I had here and there. I will give my dr a call and get things checked out. Thanks again.

Linda
Unread 07-17-2007, 10:14 AM

Hi Linda I just read your post and I was very relieved as I am experiencing the same sort of problem 5 months post op. I notice the blood after passing urine and when I wipe there is sometimes blood on the paper, only a small amount and never enough to need to wear a panty liner or anything it's only when I wipe. I really don't want to go back to the doctor in fear that something may really be going on. I would be very grateful if you would let me know how you get on when you see your doctor, maybe it's normal for some of us. Good luck with everything, regards Carol
Unread 07-17-2007, 10:31 AM

I had this too - just 'granulation' and small polyps. My doctor got rid of them really quickly and easily - best to get checked out. The worst is already done!
Unread 07-17-2007, 02:23 PM

Hi to all,
I have also had problems with bleeding after sex. My TVH was on April 10, 2007 with a cystocele and rectocele repair, along with a pelvic floor reconstruction. I have had sex 3 times since my hubbie and I were cleared by the GYN. Each time, it was painful and I had some dark brownish bleeding, but it didn't last too long. I did use lubricant. The last time the pain was less and there was still some brownish bleeding. I made an appointment with the GYN on July 23rd to check for granulation tissue. I am scared about the pain involved with the silver nitrate. Will she actually cut away the granulation tissue and then apply the silver nitrate? I had a really bad experience with a uterine biopsy which has kind of messed me up emotionally for anything they do to me. If someone could give me answers, I would truly appreciate it. I have also had bladder issues. It feels like my bladder sling is really tight. I don't feel like the flow of urine is a full flow. It feels like a half flow. Probably like a man with prostate issues. Has anyone else experienced this? I am not sure if I want that loosened though because of previous problems with stress incontinence. Thanks for all of your help. This website is a god send.
Unread 07-17-2007, 04:39 PM

I also have spotting every month about that time i am supose to have my period. This is the third month and i am learning to deal with it, just a small panti liner is needed. I called the doctor the first 2 months that it happened and she looked at my chart and said it has happened the same time each month and will happen for a few months till my body gets used to not having a uterus. Good luck to all!!!
Unread 07-17-2007, 05:59 PM
bleeding after sex, too

I also have had issues with bleeding after intercourse. At first it was just a little pink when I went to the bathroom afterward, so I tried not to worry. Then it started to get worse. The bleeding picked up enough that it was on the sheets and on DH. Just went to DR this week to get things checked out. Sure enough, there was some granulation, and DR explained it needed to be treated because it wouldn't go away on its own. Dr actually clipped it away (after numbing the cuff), and then applied silver nitrate. It wasn't fun, but certainly wasn't as bad as I'd feared.
Don't hesitate to call your Dr. That's why they are there.
Good luck with everyone's healing!!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.