scar tissue/pain | Endometriosis Support | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scar tissue/pain scar tissue/pain

Unread 07-16-2007, 07:52 PM
scar tissue/pain

i had a TAH in aug of 06. i have abd pain all the time. not too bad, but enought to go back to the gyn. it felt like a cyst on my ovary but i know i dont have any ovary. he said it was scar tissue. do you know if there is anything the dr can do to remove it. thanks. alex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 12:24 AM
scar tissue/pain

Scar tissue can removed via surgery. However, the surgery to remove the scar tissue can allow more scar tissue to form!

We have several Adhesion Resources you might want to read through to learn more. Your doctor may order various tests (CT scan, ultrasound) to rule out any other possibilites as scar tissue/adhesions cannot be seen on any test so a doctor often has to "guess" that the problem is adhesions based on your description and ruling out other issues. Some doctors do perform a lap so they can actually "see" what is going on inside.

Keeping a journal of exactly how you feel can help your doctor know how to treat you. You might find using ReliefInsite’s online pain diary helpful.

My doctor is "guessing" my pain is endo and/or adhesions but surgery is not an option for me at this time.

If you continue hurting, keep talking to your doctor so you can find a solution to help you feel your best! Pain managment or physical therapy may be options for you! Many best wishes to you!
Unread 09-22-2007, 07:42 PM
scar tissue/pain

Thank you Weiser, my TAH was 11/06 and I have been having pain where my right ovary used to be since surgery. After many trips to the doctor and lots of tests they found cyst on my left ovary, which has now found a home more in the middle. To top it off I now have gall stones. Surgery was this last week to remove the gall bladder but was only told nothing could be done to the scar tissue on my right side since I have had too many surgeries. Thanks for the info so I can read up on how to deal with the pain.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register