Still having bladder pain well after surgery? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still having bladder pain well after surgery? Still having bladder pain well after surgery?

Unread 07-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Still having bladder pain well after surgery?

I am 8 weeks post op and my bladder pain is getting worse. I have taken antibiotics twice since the surgery (TVH.. leaving both ovaries) and this time my urine came back normal. However, I have severe "contractions" when I am urinating.. it does not burn.. just feels like a labor contraction but that of the bladder.
I am going to the bathroom 5 - 10 times during the night hours.. needless to say that I am lacking in the quality of my sleep. I have another doc app this wednesday. I was told that they could have snipped a nerve to the bladder/damaged a nerve.. or that my bladder was prolapsed.. Has this happen to any of you before? and if so do you mind sharing as I am beyond scared!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2007, 10:03 PM

I'm sorry to hear you are having such trouble. I really can't help as I am only 3 days post op. I will tell you though that my worst pain comes from when I have a full bladder - and I mean pain - yikes. Its hard to walk to the bathroom. Anyway, my doctor said that my bladder had a ton of scar tissue on it which she had to take off. Also some was attached to the abdominal wall.
I know this doesn't help you but I just wanted to share that I'm having pain there too. I hope at your appt this week they can get it resolved for you. Good luck!!
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks

I know for me, the first few days of being home where hard on my bladder! I did not have a catheter in place during surgery due to blood clotting problems. I was told that my bladder was completely attatched to my uterus. I also have endometriosis as well.. so I totally get the scar tissue part! I hope your pain clears up soon. Mine just seems to get me sometimes.. knocks the wind out of me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan
I am 8 weeks post op and my bladder pain is getting worse. I have taken antibiotics twice since the surgery (TVH.. leaving both ovaries) and this time my urine came back normal. However, I have severe "contractions" when I am urinating.. it does not burn.. just feels like a labor contraction but that of the bladder.
I am going to the bathroom 5 - 10 times during the night hours.. needless to say that I am lacking in the quality of my sleep. I have another doc app this wednesday. I was told that they could have snipped a nerve to the bladder/damaged a nerve.. or that my bladder was prolapsed.. Has this happen to any of you before? and if so do you mind sharing as I am beyond scared!
I am also 8weeks post op. I had a Burch bladder supension done also. I am having the same type of pains. I was put on Enablex(sp) for the spasms and it seems to work. I did not take it last night, thinking it was time for me to ween myself off of it, and Girl did I pay for it today. Try talking to your Dr about medications for over active bladder like Detrol or Enablex. My Dr gave these to me right out of surgery and even sent me to see a urologist.

Thumper
Unread 07-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks

Thank you.. do you mind telling me why you needed the Burch bladder suspension? I have to be honest, I refuse (the stubborn part of me) to take any pharmaceuticals.. So this may be tricky for me.. Hmmm. I will go see a urologist though if the Obgyn is not helpful.
Thanks again.
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan
Thank you.. do you mind telling me why you needed the Burch bladder suspension? I have to be honest, I refuse (the stubborn part of me) to take any pharmaceuticals.. So this may be tricky for me.. Hmmm. I will go see a urologist though if the Obgyn is not helpful.
Thanks again.
Had Burch for leaking issues. I would leak during the day at work and any coughing or sneezing. I still have some issues now, not so much with the coughing or sneezing. More with just being "wet" for lack of a better word with I am up moving around.
I hate taking pills for anything. But I have been doing better with the Enablex. So if that is what it takes to stop feeling like an 80 yr women and smelling like one to boot. Then that is what I will do.
I hope everything works out for you! Please keep me updated!
Thumper

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register