3 Years after Hysterectomy and here the problems start! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Years after Hysterectomy and here the problems start! 3 Years after Hysterectomy and here the problems start!

Unread 08-06-2007, 07:31 AM
3 Years after Hysterectomy and here the problems start!

I had my hys in Nov 2004 where my uterus and right ovary was removed and I have now all of a sudden started having problems. It started last year when I had to have a cyst removed from my right ovary, after the surgery I started gaining weight and I have been battling to loose weight ever since. I had another cyst and in May this year my gynie told me the cyst would just erupt. It erupted last week and he put me on loads of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories but I have been feeling so swollen and my breasts have been sore for almost two weeks now. Help if anyone can. I also all of a sudden show symptoms of IBS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSm
I had my hys in Nov 2004 where my uterus and right ovary was removed and I have now all of a sudden started having problems. It started last year when I had to have a cyst removed from my right ovary, after the surgery I started gaining weight and I have been battling to loose weight ever since. I had another cyst and in May this year my gynie told me the cyst would just erupt. It erupted last week and he put me on loads of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories but I have been feeling so swollen and my breasts have been sore for almost two weeks now. Help if anyone can. I also all of a sudden show symptoms of IBS.
I'm confused sweetie, you had your right ovary removed but developed a cyst recently? Or did you mean that you developed a cyst on your remaining left ovary?

I've had several cysts rupture, and they are no fun. Maybe you can have your other ovary removed, if it's causing you this much trouble???
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:51 PM

Sorry, yes I keep developing cysts on the remaining right ovary. My gynie does not want to remove the ovary as he is convinced that HRT causes cancer and does not want take that chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 11:01 PM

Have you sought a second medical opinion regarding your ovary and the recurring cysts? Another doctor may have some different options you could try and/or different opinions regarding HRT.

Swollen and sore breasts can occur when your estrogen level is too high, which can also allow for the cysts. I would definitely want to know what I could do to prevent future cysts and also ask if the IBS is really IBS or pain that could be related to the cysts.

I have both endo and IBS and I have had cysts. The combination is not good! in there and see if you can talk to another doctor about your situation! s
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:28 PM

I think you should get a second opinion as well. That just doesn't sound quite right.

Can I butt in and ask a few quesitons:
What does it feel like when a cyst bursts? I had 2 on the ultra sounds 4 weeks ago but when he got in there last week both were gone. I don't remember feeling anything.

Also, does you doctor do a vaginal exam yearly or every couple of years? I don't think my GP checks women if they have had a hyster. Is that weird?

I hope things get better for you!
Unread 08-07-2007, 01:07 AM

Hi there Heidi, thanks for the reply. When you have a cyst that erupts you can surely feel it. It's similar to menstrual pains but very intense in both your abdominal area and your back. I had a weird discharge (something I've never seen before) and I bled from the Friday to the Monday (which is not supposed to happen after a hyst). I watched a show on tv last night where they said that when a woman ovulates cysts can form of up to 2 cm in diameter but that these cysts just erupt with the menstrual cycle, so I'm not sure how exactly its works with us. I see my gynie every 6 months (or earlier depending on pain) and he does a thorough examination every time. But I also think its weird that they don't take tissue samples or something (similar to a pap) just to test for funnies.

I am definitely considering going for a second opinion - but I have really been scared by him telling me that he absolutely will not put me on HRT as it causes cancer. But I have now been informed that there are other alternatives to HRT.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register