Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

Unread 08-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

I haven't been cleared for intercourse but my DH and I did engage in outercourse recently. I was able to orgasm easily but to be completely honest it did not feel as intense. Don't get me wrong, it felt good but it didn't feel as good. Really it felt like something was missing...my uterus and cervix I guess!

Tell me, has this been the case for anyone else and did it improve over time? Or should I just resign myself to the fact that things will never be the same again and be happy that sex will at least be pain free if not as satisfying?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 10:45 AM

Some women say it doesn't change, but for some it does. I think it depends on whether you were the kind of woman who had uterine contractions during orgasm--not all women have these so those that never have will not notice a difference. However, if such deep contractions were part of your experience, I'm sorry to say that minus a uterus the experience will not be the same. You won't be alone in this....we'll have to learn how to adjust the best way we can. I knew about this prior to having the surgery and was willing to give up those contractions for the sake of overall better physical and mental health and well-being....I am in the process of learning how to "work" with my new body and new sexuality and welcome the challenge!
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:39 AM

While having done the outercourse thing too, I have discovered that the orgasm is slightly less intense than before, but not having the cramps that would plague me for hours afterwards more than makes up for that. I mean on a scale of 1(no big O) to 100 (the way it used to be) it's now a 95. I can definitely live with it if it means no more after-pain.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 11:41 AM

I am 7 months post op and they are not the same at all, not as intense
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:54 AM

Count me in on not quite the same. Don't get me wrong, they are still good just not as intense as before. But I also agree, it is a small price to pay for no pain afterwards.
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Gosh I hate to say this but it is still great for me. I had LAVH BSO also minus the cervix on June 6. I have had multiple orgasms. Which is woo hoo!

The first time I had intercourse was 6 weeks post op and it was so painful. I bled and I hurt for 4 days. Then we waited 3 more weeks. Just be very careful, slow and gentle in the beginning. We still are all the above. The first time he felt a clip that was supposed to be dissolved and he said that it hurt. Poor fella! :-)

Everyone heals differently and it is not the same for everyone. Hope that fireworks go off for you sisters when you have your first big O!
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:28 PM

I had a TAH and mine are better, more intense. I also had some tightening done of the vaginal muscles and ligaments, and I am tighter down there, and after two kids and being 45 I was thrilled with the results!
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:55 PM

I haven't noticed any difference. I waited 7 weeks and was very nervous but it was great! I guess it's different for everybody.
Unread 08-29-2007, 05:33 PM

Well, I have to agree with dinordh, it was just as good as before!! I haven't had intercourse yet, only 3 weeks post-op, but the outercourse was wonderful! I can't wait for the intercourse now, though I am a little scared. But at least I know that I can achieve orgasm!
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:26 PM

I Had A Tah On June 25 Of This Year And After We Got Clearance ...boy Was It On!! We Took It Slow The First Few Times, But After We Got The Hang Of It Again!! Wow! My O's Are More Intense And It Even Seems Like Some Additional Work Was Done To Tighten Things Up! I Am Also Enjoying The Fact That I Don't Cramp For Hours Now Afterwards. Sorry Some Of You Ladies Are Having Such A Good Experience. Hopefully Things Will Get Much Better For You All!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register