HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Can vaginal Estrace raise my blood level of estradiol Can vaginal Estrace raise my blood level of estradiol

Unread 08-31-2007, 05:56 PM
Talking - Can vaginal Estrace raise my blood level of estradiol Can vaginal Estrace raise my blood level of estradiol

Is vaginal Estrace enough to raise my estradiol levels even a little bit or should I ask for an estrogen patch? I need my estradiol to be up in the 80's or 90's. Its about 68 right now. I am very sensitive to chemicals and hormone fluctuations. I was hoping that using the estrace, estriol (over the internet) plus natural progesterone cream would up my levels at little. I had a difficult time with taking estrogen pills as they messed up my contact lens and I won't stop wearing those ,, yet..

If this combination will work, how long does it usually take to raise estradiol levels? days, weeks, months? I also learned to not take in too much soy as that competes for estrogen receptor sites and blocks what little estrogen I make.
Unread 09-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Can vaginal Estrace raise my blood level of estradiol

I used vaginal estrace for over a year, never had my levels tested while using it, but I will tell you for me, it never has been enough to stop my hot flashes while using it alone. I have to use my patch for hot flashes and still have to use the cream for dryness. I now use vagifem though(pill insert), as it is less messy.

s
Unread 09-05-2007, 10:32 AM

Since your are sensitive to hormone fluctuations, you might want to try using the patch to raise your levels. I felt like I received a steady dose when I was on vivelle dot.
My estrace cream is to be used 3 times a week. Even if it did raise your levels, it would be inconsistent and it is probably not recommended for daily use.
Unread 09-16-2007, 01:38 PM

Amar - My doctor prescribed vaginal estrogen for dryness, and she said it did NOT interfer with the hormonal estrogen. Also, the paperwork that came with the vaginal estrogen states that the medication did NOT contribute to estrogen hormones in the body.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.