HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Vaginal Fatigue Vaginal Fatigue

Unread 09-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Vaginal Fatigue

Hello Sisters! This is my first post-op post ... I MISS my Sisters and hope that all of you are well!!!

Anyway, I wanted to know if any of you have experienced what I refer to as vaginal fatigue. Not all the time, but sometimes I feel like my vagina is slightly strained or fatigued. I don't know how else to describe it ... lol

Goodness knows I'm not using it for anything! ha ha But in all seriousness, I noticed it when I was laying in the hospital bed. I kinda scooted my bottom down in the bed to try to relieve my achey vagina. I'm home now and I notice it sometimes when I'm sitting down or laying propped up with pillows.

I was tempted to put an ice pack between my legs to see if that would help.

Anyone else??

( Ihad a TAH, kept ovaries)

-Salam (peace)
Unread 09-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Vaginal Fatigue

The ice pack between the legs ....does help!!! I too have that feeling down there if I sit up straight for very long. The first week I had it at the end of the day, even without sitting. But It is getting so it is not as often.
Good Luck
Unread 09-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Vaginal Fatigue

Thank you, TAC! I thought I was nuts! ha ha I asked a nurse in the hospital about it, and she said she has never heard of this symptom before. However, she said it makes sense because the surgery is somewhat reconstructive. Next time I'm gonna try icing it! Its good to know that brought you some relief!
Unread 09-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Vaginal Fatigue

Yes I had what I called vaginal fullness or fatigue too and on some days (if I'm on my feet too long) I still get it. After about 2 weeks post-op I started having deep vaginal pain, kind of like being stab. The Dr. said that was from the stitches in the vaginal cuff healing and the nerves knittng together.

Ice packs help but I also used it as an indicator that I had been doing too much and needed to get off my feet.
Unread 09-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Vaginal Fatigue

I'm right there with you ... 6 weeks post-TAH/RSO and TVT-O. I regularly put an ice pack down there at the end of a long day .... it really does help the swelling.
Unread 09-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Vaginal Fatigue

For any aches and pains I've had since the surgery, I either use a cool pack or heat up a rice pack. Sometimes cool feels better and sometimes heat, it just depends.
Unread 09-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Glad to see you back!

Hello Salam,

Glad to see you back and that the everything went well except this side effect!!!

I can't believe that I'll be going back to work on Wednesday!! Wow~time flies when you're having fun...or when you're not having fun!

Take care of yourself and keep us updated!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.