HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Pre-radiation markings Pre-radiation markings

Unread 09-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Unhappy - Pre-radiation markings Pre-radiation markings

Monday is my second appointment for my 2nd markings... before I start my radiation treatment......still have no start date but after Monday I'll probably know. I'm really dreading it but want it all over & done with.
Unread 09-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Pre-radiation markings

Hi Mori!
Are they doing the pinpoint tattoos? That's what they did to me- it was no big deal- just hurts for a second like a shot. I ended up with 9 permanent tattoos! Do you know how many you will have? Are yours tattoos, or are they just marking the skin? I don't think the tattoos were really necessary, because with the pen markings they put over them, the pen markings were still there every day. The only time they really had to look for my tattoos were Mondays. Let us know how it goes! And I promise radiation is a piece of cake. The worst part for me was the drive- which wasn't that bad, it was about 35 minutes each way. Keep us posted!
Take Care!
Jennine
Unread 09-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Pre-radiation markings

Hi Mori!
I was just looking back on your posts, and saw that you were looking at Tamoxifen and Aromidex. I just started on Aromidex a couple of weeks ago and it is going great. I haven't had any side effects at all. I have night sweats, but not bad- just take on and off covers- not soaking anything. Have you started anything yet, or will you wait until after radiation- I waited until after radiation and my hysterectomy so I could go right on Aromidex.

Jennine
Unread 09-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Pre-radiation markings

Hi Ladies & thanks for responding to my thread. I've been taking Tamoxifen but was told to stop it for the duration of the radiation treatments. My tattoos & first markings were done at my first appointment with CT, this time they did different markings while setting me on the table. I start Friday...Lol!
Unread 09-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Pre-radiation markings

Hi Mori!
Good Luck Friday!
Take Care!
Jennine

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.