HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Burning /Stinging pain on right side of incision Burning /Stinging pain on right side of incision

Unread 09-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Burning /Stinging pain on right side of incision

Hi Ladies,
Perhaps someone has also experienced this? I have developed an irritating burning/stinging pain on the right side of my incision area. It comes and goes throughout the day, having only started over the weekend. I have been very good, as my DH was home with me till yesterday, so I can't say I have overdone it.
I saw my Dr. last Thursday for my 2 week checkup and told her of another pain I had been having since I came home and she said it was muscular. That's gone and this seems to have replaced it. Perhaps they tag-teamed each other? Any thoughts? Thanks.
Unread 09-18-2007, 06:15 PM

Hi there;

During week 2, I had a pain similar to yours, on the right side as well, it almost felt as if I'd stretched the tissue too much or something because it sure stung a lot whenever I moved a certain way!

I had a sharp pain on my right side during the night two nights ago. It was so bad that it took my breath away and I could hardly moved. I finally rolled over on my left side and it relieved the pain so that I was able to go back to sleep. I had overdone it all weekend, though, unlike you.

Yesterday morning, it was a bit tender but haven't had anything since....

I don't know if mine is normal or not either, or what it could have been caused from.

I hope you get some answers...

Laura
Unread 09-18-2007, 06:40 PM

This is my first post here, but after reading your posts sounds similar to my pains, but I'm just 8 days out, but every day I'm feeling worse, more sore around my incision, granted this is the same spot that I had my 4 c-sections in, I am totally taking it easy, resting, no lifting, nothing, just wondering if anyone else is feeling this?? Thanks~Shelley
Unread 09-18-2007, 07:53 PM

i am having this also intense burning in my right side on my groin to where my thigh starts. it happens when i move my right leg or when i sit sown or try to lay down. i am 8 days post op and this is really worrying me i also have only went to the bathroom once since the night before surgery and am taking laxatives at night.
Unread 09-18-2007, 08:06 PM

Your pain sounds like the nerves healing. This can be extremely painful, like a red hot poker and it can take your breath away. However, whenever you have something new and intense, talk to the doctor or their nurse. Ice packs or warm packs (depending on which you like) can help healing nerves feel a bit better. Take care.
Unread 09-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks !!

Thank you all for your responses. I'm so glad I found this site. It has been a real help. Enjoy your night. Hopefully we'll all sleep well!!
Unread 09-18-2007, 08:52 PM

I hope all of you are ok! I have the same thing, right side of incision, right groin, not hot just stinging and feels sometimes like someone is poking me with an icecycle. I am 10 months out by the way. So who knows? I also had c-sections and maybe it's just a whole lot of nerves firing back up or mis-firing. All I know is I am getting used to it and the heck with it. I have to live my life. I am still in pain just like before the surgery with endo. except I don't bleed. Well I'll take that I guess. God put us here for a reason and if I have to go through this to move ahead in life and maybe care more for others or for myself it's worth it. I trust in God, He is always with us.
Unread 10-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Burning pain

I am over four months out and have just started having burning pain deep at my incision. I started golfing a few weeks ago and wonder if I am tearing at things in there. I also wonder if nerves are waking back up or irritated by doing too much???

Anyone else have more than just tolerating answers? I am going to the doctor this week to find out more.

Laura
Unread 10-02-2007, 09:51 AM

my incision area is also still bothersome, mind you no where like it used to be. every now and then it will burn or itch. some days more noticiable then others. i'm 11 months out now. they aren't kidding when the drs say it can take up to a year to feel "normal" again. what is normal anyway?
Unread 10-02-2007, 09:59 AM

I'm 2 weeks today from my LAVH. On my progress report I posted I am recovering well with no issues other than I started to have that stabbing/stinging pain in the groin area..just above my left 'lap' incision. Seeing this thread of other sisters with the same pain and perhaps no laparascopic incisions tells me it has nothing to do with the incision but rather with the healing inside, muscles pulling, nerves reconnecting etc. I'll just relax more and hope it will go away. Didn't we get wierd pain in places throughout our lives anyway? Maybe we are more aware now because of our surgery and fears. ...?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.