HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

HRT not working... HRT not working...

Unread 10-02-2007, 04:28 PM
HRT not working...

Ive been on HRT since April of 07. I have tried a patch(forgive me I cant remember the name)but i felt it was not working and Im currently using 1 pump of estrogel a day. I still find myself having hot flashes constantly(the main thing) I dont know whats out there, what combos i should look into and Im having worries about the long term affects. Also, is being hot 24/7 part of this too???

Thank you!
Kristy
Unread 10-03-2007, 03:25 PM
HRT not working...

I am sorry you are having problems finding something to work for you. Everyone is different, and maybe since the patch did not work the creams or gels won't either as they have the same kind of delivery system. Have you tried pill form?
I would get with a doctor who is knowledgeable about hormones and see what he suggests the next step would be. Hormones can be complicated and take fine tuning, so it is much too difficult for us to try to figure what we need on our own.

Hormone balance for some of us take trial and error, so hang in there. I hope you can find something soon to help with your symptoms.

s
Unread 10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
HRT not working...

Kristy,
I'm sorry that you're struggling. I can relate to the hot flashes. For me, they were the last thing to go before I found balance. Hrt is not one size fits all, so what eventually worked for me may not work for you. I will say that it can take time and lots of patience to find the magic potion. For me, it was well over a year.

My first suggestion would be to read the articles at www.hormonejungle.com There are some good articles, including your options for hrt. We also have a wonderful Resource section that has even more information.

My next suggestion is to keep a journal of your symptoms thruout this journey. A journal can be very helpful in helping to determine what is the next step. While I was still hot flashing I could see my looking thru by journal that they were coming less frequently so I knew that I was on the right track with my hormones.

in there, do some reading and talk with your doctor about your options.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.