HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Strange, itchy rash, identical on both sides of body?????? Strange, itchy rash, identical on both sides of body??????

Unread 10-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Strange, itchy rash, identical on both sides of body??????

Didn't know where else to post this...I have been to regular docs, allergist and dermatologists...so now hoping maybe someone on here may have had or know someone who experiences this.....last year for about a period of 3 months I would awaken around 3 or 4am with itchiness on my legs or feet.....I would try to go back to sleep but in the morning when I would get up I noticed big red hives, welts that would appear to look like bug bites but would be identical on both sides of my body and than grow bigger for the next few hours and itch like crazy...for instance, I would wake up with red patches on the tops of both of my feet, the next day would be behind both of my knees and calves, the next day it would be on my thighs, or hips finally in my eyes....3 rounds of steroids finally knocked it out, but it was very frustrating as none of the docs could say where it was coming from...the allergist put me on Singular in the morning and zyrtec at night, which I still take as well as Benydril for the itch....now after a year of none it is starting again...also when it appears on my palms or bottoms of my feet it aches as well as itches...right now I have it behind both my ears and on the tops of both my feet and inside my elbows.....this leads me to believe, especially when it happens mostly only in the wee hrs of the morning while I am asleep, that it is heat induced from my body heat or nerves...blood work showed nothing...one doc said it could be an auto-immune thing stemming from my hypothyroid....right now I am getting extremely nervous that this flare up is going to take over again like last year where it would just go crazy on both sides of my body and the patches would be bigger on the torso area...the steroids made me look deformed and I do not want to go that route again...I was hoping someone on here would have some info...thanks
Unread 10-11-2007, 05:37 AM

Hello!

I don't have any ideas what could be causing all the itching and the red patches on your palms and feet. Try using a search engine (I use Google) put in your symptoms and hit search. See what comes up. Also you can try the Stamford Medical School web site, it is a very easy site to navigate and the articles are super easy to read and understand.

Good luck and keep us updated!
Unread 10-11-2007, 06:00 AM

Thanks...I have googled it every which way...the rash is not only on my hands and feet it is in a different area each day when I wake up...today it is on my the backs of my knees and calves and on both forearms...where ever it goes, it shows up on the other side also....sometimes the patches are like small ovals, a whole bunch of them. others are more circular...can range from the size of a dime to a quarter and when they are on my torso they are huge patches on both sides...red, raised itchy as anything....then the swelling will go down and they will be flat and by afternoon they disappear only to come out again at night...when they are on my hands or feet they hurt also....very strange....and very annoying
Unread 10-11-2007, 11:57 AM

I would look at all medications and supplements I am taking. Some drugs give allergic reactions.
I would be sure doctors have done extensive bloodwork to eliminate diseases and other causes . I would keep on this till I found an answer to it, as covering up with cortisone is not going to get to the root of it.

I will keep you in my prayers. I can only imagine how awful this must be. I have allergies so I can relate to itching and rashes from foods and medications.

s

Sue
Unread 10-11-2007, 12:05 PM

Thanks SuzyQ.....I have not been on any meds other than my regulars and I do not take supplements...I did develope an allergy to shellfish and iodine 2 yrs ago and they were thinking that may be the culprit......stupid me made clam sauce for my DH and DS a few weeks ago and tasted a forkfull before I remembered I can't eat it...but the allergist felt that the food or med cause would not be reason enough for me to get the same thing on both sides.....right now I have big welts on the tops of both feet....very strange....I am able to get into the dermatologist on Monday so who knows maybe they will figure it out...my sister keeps telling me it is stress and nerves.....I just think it's weird that it only comes out in the middle of the night and lasts till noon or so and whereever it is on one side it is also on the other side same spot and it travels from place to place....oh well, it could always be worse I guess....thanks for the response
Unread 10-11-2007, 09:52 PM

Have they tested you for arthritiis?? My daughter has cero-negative ankylosing spondolytis and what you are explaining is how her thing started. Some arthritises start with rashes and itchy spots and are symetrical. The test you would want them to do is HLAB27. Also, have they checked for Lupis. Just my 2 cents. I hope you get some answers soon. Good Luck!
Unread 10-12-2007, 10:13 PM

NMSalHus

Thank you..I will ask the doc for that test....that is a very scary diagnosis...your daughter must be terrified and you too....I looked it up and it could be possible, but I hope not....when I googled it, it corrected my spelling..they spelled it seronnegative ankylosing spondylitis...there is a lot of info about it.....thanks again for taking the time to respond...best of wishes to your daughter
Unread 02-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Re: Strange, itchy rash, identical on both sides of body??????

I am having the exact same issue. Did u figure out what was the cause? I'm having itches on my elbows, knees, arms and they are exactly at the same place on both sides.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.