HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

tender slightly swollen labia tender slightly swollen labia

Unread 10-21-2007, 09:31 AM
tender slightly swollen labia

i have had tender/sore sort of swollen labia for 2-3 weeks (i'm almost 5 weeks out now), and wondering what that could be? mine was abdominal, so can't be from the trauma of a vaginal one? and there is no discharge, other than the yellow stuff from the stitches? haven't had any uti probs. hmmm....any suggestions? thanks.......gee.
Unread 10-21-2007, 12:15 PM

you should call your dr and tell them your symptoms...he might want to check you for a bacterial infection.
Unread 10-21-2007, 01:21 PM

I had the same thing. It was yeast infection due to the antibiotics given at time of surgery. You should have dr. check it out. I was given a perscription that was one pill and it cleared it up. Don't be uncomfortable.
Unread 10-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Mine were also tender and really swollen and it was due to a yeast infection arising from antibiotics.
Unread 10-21-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve07
i have had tender/sore sort of swollen labia for 2-3 weeks (i'm almost 5 weeks out now), and wondering what that could be? mine was abdominal, so can't be from the trauma of a vaginal one? and there is no discharge, other than the yellow stuff from the stitches? haven't had any uti probs. hmmm....any suggestions? thanks.......gee.
Can't help with that problem, but you mention yellowy stuff from your stitches. I discovered manuka honey active 10 which can be bought from the supermarket. It's natural honey made from a special kind of blossom. My scare was feeling sore and had been infected, and a friend told me about this. Apply directly to your scar and cover with gauze and it appears to work like magic for me. Best to check that your is not infected first and then apply. It heals the scar very quickly.
Unread 10-21-2007, 05:04 PM

hmmm.....bacterial and fungal infections give off an odour, even mild infections, and i don't have any odour at all? and definitely no discharge. even the yellow from the stitches has gone. a friend who's a nurse just suggested it would be the hormone thing? maybe i'm "dry" down there, but don't know about it as i'm not trying to have sex etc???? i'm not having hot flashes, but, have had a couple of teary "sad attacks"......... hmm....... its not uncomfortable in any way, and i only notice it when i'm wiping after going to the loo? and then, when i had a feel in the shower, i rather thought them a bit puffy? hmmmm....... odd? still thinking.......gee.
Unread 10-21-2007, 05:30 PM

Are they the outer or the inner labia? My hysterectomy was abdominal and also had the outer ones swollen and tender. I think that the skin and muscles that are moved for the surgery suffer a lot in the process, and they react by swelling, something like a bruise. If they are the inner labia maybe it is a yeast infection.
Mine stopped being swollen at around 2 weeks after surgery.
I was also bloated after surgery, a lot of water retention, specially from my waist to my feet. I had a lymphatic massage on my legs that helped a lot, I started going to pee a lot and my labia got better, I had water everywhere.
Take care!
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:22 PM

I am two and one half weeks out of surgery and I think I have a yeast infection. My labia are very swollen at the bottom and I am in much more pain than I was 4-5 days ago. I was on antibiotics for 10 days and then had thrush which was treated with a diflucan tablet. I'm thinking I may need to take another diflucan tonight to knock out the swelling and pain. Do you have any thing similar to this?
Unread 10-21-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoamaria
Are they the outer or the inner labia? My hysterectomy was abdominal and also had the outer ones swollen and tender. I think that the skin and muscles that are moved for the surgery suffer a lot in the process, and they react by swelling, something like a bruise. If they are the inner labia maybe it is a yeast infection.
Mine stopped being swollen at around 2 weeks after surgery.
I was also bloated after surgery, a lot of water retention, specially from my waist to my feet. I had a lymphatic massage on my legs that helped a lot, I started going to pee a lot and my labia got better, I had water everywhere.
Take care!
inner labia. and they weren't puffy or sore to begin with. and surely if it was a yeast infection, there would be a discharge and an odour???? i do get fluid retention, but only in my brain and in my lungs, as i have systemic lupus. hmm....its all very confusing? will be seeing my gyno next week, so if it hasn't gone by then, she can work it out ! ! thanking you for your input.........gee.
Unread 10-21-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edistohouse
I am two and one half weeks out of surgery and I think I have a yeast infection. My labia are very swollen at the bottom and I am in much more pain than I was 4-5 days ago. I was on antibiotics for 10 days and then had thrush which was treated with a diflucan tablet. I'm thinking I may need to take another diflucan tonight to knock out the swelling and pain. Do you have any thing similar to this?
my labia are not painful, only tender when i wipe? the only antibiotics i had were when i was under surgery, which is what they do? and, i don't eat a lot of carbs/sugar anyway, which is what fungus feeds off, so shouldn't imagine that a yeast could take hold???hmmm.....anyway, thanking you for your input also..........gee.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway