HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

WHAT Hormone is messed up when you feel like you want to jump out of your skin?? WHAT Hormone is messed up when you feel like you want to jump out of your skin??

Unread 10-27-2007, 06:36 PM
WHAT Hormone is messed up when you feel like you want to jump out of your skin??

Is it too high of estrogen/ low progesterone or what is giving me this feeling? I wake up like this in the morning and feel like I just want to jump out of my skin. It passes on its own after a few hours but really......
Is this just straight anxiety or hormones?
Unread 10-27-2007, 07:15 PM
WHAT Hormone is messed up when you feel like you want to jump out of your skin??

hi i have the same feeling, just in the morning it feels like i could jumpout of my skin ,i shake somtimes its like im having some kind of adrenalin rush i had a hysterectomy but left my ovaries .i went to the doc who gave me hormones had to stop because the other doctor i had said i might still producing hormones from my ovaries dont know if the hormones caused it or something else im going for further blood work to see whats going on
Unread 10-30-2007, 09:24 AM

For me it was a lack of estrogen that caused this feeling. It only happened in the morning when I woke up. I never connected it with a lack of estrogen but I noticed it went away after adding estrogen in the form of a patch. I am glad it is gone as it was a bad way to start the day.
Unread 11-06-2007, 06:34 PM

I had the feeling I was going to jump out of my skin bad...my poor husband was usually on the receiving end of my frustrations. I kept my ovaries to avoid this but after testing (about 9 months after) my Dr. said they were producing about half of what they should. I went on Zoloft about 3 months ago (can't take HRT because of cancer concerns) and I am felling better than ever now.

Don't be afraid to talk to your Dr about it, it is very real, I was never one to take meds for anything prior to this but feel that I made the right choice. I am so calm now I have even manged to lose 32lbs for far!!!! (I needed to). Don't give up...you may have to search for the answers but you will find what works for you.
Unread 11-08-2007, 01:50 PM

You ladies all sound just like me. I had hyster. last year in november and was put on progesterone for endo. pain that was still present. I decided to take myself off of them to see if the pain had gone away and within a week of being off of it I developed anxiety attacks in the mornings, now I feel like I have an adrenaline rush all day long I feel like I am going insane.
Unread 11-27-2007, 10:08 AM
this helped me

I found that a good B-complex 50 to 100 mg twice daily helped my nerves immensely. I used to have panic attacks very often. Also I use Progest otc cream daily. Hope this helps
Unread 02-12-2008, 03:47 PM

OMG! This is exactly what I have been feeling! Every morning I wake up at about 5 with anxiety and nausea. My PCP started me on Estradiol .5mg 3 days ago. I also use an OTC progesterone cream and have been on zoloft 50mg for several years. Before my surgery I was off the zoloft but have had to resume because of the anxiety. Hopefully the hormones will kick in soon and I will feel better!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.