HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Arbonne Phytoprolief for HRT, anyone tried it? Arbonne Phytoprolief for HRT, anyone tried it?

Unread 11-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Arbonne Phytoprolief for HRT, anyone tried it?

My surgery is fast aproaching, less than 5 days now. I recently went to an Arbonne party (never heard of it until now). They have a cream called Phyto Prolief that is supposedly fantastic for symptoms of menapause. It contains:black cohash, chaste tree berries, dong quai, evening primrose oil, red clover, alfalfa, licorice, and ginseng. It is also supposed to give you 20mg of progesterone.
I am new at herbal remedies, so I am not sure what all of these do for you.
I have been in a chemically induced menapause for 5 months now, from Depo Lupron. Even before this therapy I suffered from severe vaginal dryness and lack of labido. I also now have mild hot flashes (and of course I am expecting this to get much worse once I have the surgery). And also right about now I am doing all that I can to not pop off the heads of my young children. My mood swings are horrible and I spend most of my days being extremely angry over silly things. I feel as though I am turning into the devil.
So I guess what I am wondering is: does this cream work for the problems I am having, or is something else suggested. What seems to work best, especially for the dryness, labido, and anger.
I appreeciate any help in this area.
Unread 11-04-2007, 08:07 AM

hi Deanna,
My compounding pharmacist told me that the Arbonne progesterone cream is not strong enough for women in surgical menopause. I used to use the Arbonne phyto prolief before my hyst and it wasn't enough. Bear in mind that I had my ovaries at that time (I don't now) and it costs a whole lot more than prescribed estrogen and progesterone creams. I can get months supply of estrogen and progesterone creams for what one container of Arbonne creams cost.
Unread 11-06-2007, 10:15 PM

I just finished reading Dr. John Lee's book and learned alot about hormones. The one recommendation I have for you about creams is to find one that is Paraben free. Arbonnes is not. I am going to be finding one myself this week. I plan to go to a wild oats store, (you could probably find one at any health store) and find one that is paraben free in the dosage that you need. Dr. Lee recommends that in his book, but I have forgoten it and loaned my book out already. Good luck.....

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.