HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Unread 11-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Biest 50/50

Anyone on 50/50 estradiol/estriol? Biest 50/50?

Just curious what advantages, if any, vs. Biest say at 80/20 or 90/10.

Any articles that discuss the concentrations/ratios?
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Biest 50/50

Hi

Have you asked your Dr why he prescribed the 50/50? He would be the best person to tell you why he prescribed it for you that way. Your Pharmacist would probably also be able to answer this question.

I'm a little curious too. Let us know what you find out.

s,
Kay
Unread 11-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Biest 50/50

I love my doctor but he really is a surgeon. Also his hormone thing is what he's probably done for years. He put me on the Dot and well after a month it was fine and I probably needed a bit more but I wanted to try the compounded cream because I was soo impressed with the compounding pharmacist in the area. So I sheepishly asked Dr....if he'd write a prescription for that instead...and add progesterone (initially he felt I do not need it but I asked for it because I told him I believe in the 50% that think even without a uterus progesterone is good to add). Anyway..he agreed and before I know it, he was consulting with the pharmacist and between the two of them they came up with the prescriptionof 50/50 Biest + oral progesterone 50mg. I asked the pharmacist (his female partner because he wasn't around at the time) about the 50/50 I had never heard of that composition and she said it is as typical as the 80/20 or the 90/10....her quick answer as to why the 50/50 was that that much estriol helps the absorption apparently of the estradiol. Not sure if I understood but she said it would be good and I trust that. I just wanted to read more and haven't seen anything about 50/50.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.