HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Newbie..surgery for endo scheduled Newbie..surgery for endo scheduled

Unread 11-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Newbie..surgery for endo scheduled

Hello All! Little about me.. I'm 29 and blessed in my life.
I had symptoms of endometriosis at 12.. and every since then. I also have some other health probs.. Interstiitial Cystitis, Fibromyalgia, fibroids, along with others. After trying every treatment the dr's have offered for endo treatment, I've decided to have a hysterectomy. This is something I have thought about for many years now, and although I am nervous as can be I've decided that I will try the last treatment option and pray that it helps.
I have been blessed with two boys; so not being able to have any more children is a little easier to handle.. I know that I will still probably be a little depressed when it is done, but I can't live like this anymore.
I'm have a Urodynamics Test done on Dec 6 (anyone else have this??) and then my dr will tell me what type of surgery will be done. I'm nervous about the post-op pain, but try to tell myself that it will go away in time.. and hopefully I will no longer have the constant pelvic pain. I have been dreaming of a life without pain meds!!
Anyway, sorry to be so long.. I thank God for this site and the comfort I have already found here.

Take Care,
Amanda
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:09 AM

Hi and welcome. I'm just about a week post-op with a TAH for fibroids and adenomyosis. I will tell you what I told my husband...I had no idea how much pain the fibroids were causing me until now, because the pain from them was WORSE than the pain I'm feeling in recovery! That was shocking to me, because I was expecting post-op to be much more painful and I couldn't imagine what that would be like. So I guess you could say you might be pleasantly surprised, although shocked, that the pain isn't as bad as what you're enduring now.
Unread 11-18-2007, 11:31 AM

Post op pain was nothing compared to the constant pain I was in before surgery. It was a relief to get that thing out of me!

Now, I was not able to have children before the surgery, so yes, that has been a bumpy road to feel whole again, but I'm much better than I used to be.

Good luck to you.
Unread 11-18-2007, 12:16 PM

I totally agree with trixie and suezeeque . I am still recovering from the TAH but I already have relief from my fibroid pain! I already feel better from that pain. And, while the pain meds would help with the fibroids I still felt a lot of pressure and was uncomfortable especailly two weeks out of the month when I could hardly get out of bed. But, with recovery my pain meds control my pain and I can walk and move around. Plus, recovery pain is temperary and eventually you should feel better and then hopefully gain your life back. Doctor told me that after all the pain people indure a hysterectomy can give someone their quality of life back. And, that is what I'm hoping for! I'm sure you will be so happy to get rid of the constant pain you were having before. Try not to worry to much about recovery pain, after what you have been through you will do just fine.
Unread 11-21-2007, 09:24 PM

Thank you all so much!! I feel so much better just knowing that there are others who understand what I'm going through. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!
Love and Prayers,
Amanda
Unread 11-22-2007, 03:54 AM

Amanda
I can't give you any words of wisdom as I am still waiting on my LAVH. But I wanted to wish you lots of luck. The women here are great at answering questions and lending a shoulder to anyone who needs it.
Unread 11-24-2007, 10:06 AM

ja,
Thanx for your concern and support! I already love this site! I'm so glad that I found it and that I have time to read through everything before my surgery.. I have already started assembling things for my hospital stay.. lol.. My boss says that I'm anal about some things.. I tell him that its being prepared lol I wish you the best on you upcoming surgery as well.. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care.
Love and Prayers,
Amanda

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.