HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Unread 11-24-2007, 05:43 AM
1 Week to Go

Hi All,
I found out about 2 weeks ago that I will be having a TAH BSO on 12/3 due to a huge cyst (grapefruit size) and tumor on my left ovary. My GYN sent me to an oncology gyn that is very optimistic that the tumor is benign. I had an infection and appendectomy (PID and TOA) 27 years ago after my son was born and the Doctor thinks I have major scar tissue so the surgery and repairs will be extensive. I am trying to stay positive but it's really difficult. My job is really stressing me out trying to get everything done. I work in the mental health field and my boss and coworkers have been wonderful, but I still feel this overwhelming pressure to finish everything. I discovered this site while doing research and it has really helped. Would love to hear from others.
Unread 11-24-2007, 06:26 AM
1 Week to Go

Hi, I had a tah/bso for precancerous tumors 5 years ago. My pathology came back benign; I will pray for the same good results for you.

I tend to be a perfectionist and find that making lists in order of importance helps me a lot. I do what I can and try to forget the rest. Maybe you could do that for work? Try not to stress too much

You can find lots of great articles and helpful suggestions in the Pre-op Articles and Checkpoints.
http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_pre.htm

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. The ladies are wonderful with sharing experiences and info.

S
Unread 11-24-2007, 06:44 AM
1 Week to Go

i hope your surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery. i know its hard but try to stay calm and not stress out too bad. good luck
Unread 11-24-2007, 06:48 AM
1 Week to Go

Thank you for your well wishes. I'm trying!
Unread 11-24-2007, 06:54 AM
1 Week to Go

Thank you so much for your well wishes. This site really helps!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway