HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

do i need progestogen? no uterus. do i need progestogen? no uterus.

Unread 11-29-2007, 04:27 PM
do i need progestogen? no uterus.

hello everyone
in the uk they do not offer progestogen when you have had your uterus removed.
Would i benefit to take progestogen for anything else that will help for hormone balance?
many thanks
sunshine1971 xxx
Unread 11-29-2007, 04:43 PM

Some of us do benefit from the use of progesterone once we enter surgical menopause. However, not everyone does benefit, nor does everyone need it once in surgical menopause. Unfortunately, hrt is not one size fits all. We each need to find what works for us. I do use progesterone and have used since I was about 6 months post op. Currently, I use a 5% compounded cream. I only use a small amount on a daily basis.

You can read more about the benefits of progesterone in the articles at www.hormonejungle.com
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:51 PM

So far what I have studied about progesterone is that it is needed to balance out estrogen levels so you don't have estrogen overload and it also helps with bone strength. Something to ask or check in to.
Unread 01-17-2008, 12:19 AM

Yes, I to was taking a natural compound of Progesterone, in a pill form. I had to quit taking it cause hubby lost his job and I couldnt afford to get it! So I havent been on it for a couple months now. I dont really feel any better nor do I feel any worse since I have stopped taking it. I am still takinig Estrdiol though. My hot flahes are still very much alive and well!! Lots of fatigue and mood swings still. I had my surgery last July 17,2007.You know I feel very irratable all the time, seems like everything bothers me! Even hubby and family say I need to relax and calm down. But I cant!! Yes right now my life is stressful with no income and all, but I felt like this before too. I am wondering if I need to get back on the Progesterone, or if i need something else. Is it true your bones get brittle and break easy if you stop taking the Estrogen??I need to find something to help me out here. I still get very tired and need to rest or take a break often. I am doing allot better, just not 100 % better, where I would like to be. And I still would have had my surgery no matter what!! It was so worth it!!God Bless You All !! Keep praying!! Prayers are answers!! Amen!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.