HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Can spinal stenosis cause dizziness? Can spinal stenosis cause dizziness?

Unread 12-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Can spinal stenosis cause dizziness?

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted. I've been experiencing lower back pain for quite a while, even before my hyst. Recently, it's been associated with leg and arm pain, tingling and numbness, muscle tremors and leg cramps. I've also been starting to get dizziness, sometimes too often. Last week, my dizziness became very severe at one point, so I saw my chiropractor and she said everything I described sounds like spinal stenosis, so she took several x-rays. I haven't heard the results of the x-rays yet (I'm to see her again tomorrow), but in everything I've read online about stenosis, nothing ever mentions dizziness.

I've had an MRI done on my lower spine last spring and it showed a slightly herniated disc and minor scoliosis.

Starting to wonder if something else could be happening here.

Thanks
Unread 12-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Can spinal stenosis cause dizziness?

Hi whtdove3

I had surgery for spinal stenosis last year. I don't know about dizziness being linked to it. I didn't have any dizziness with mine, but I did have radiating pain, aching and numbness - almost like I had a really tight blood pressure cuff on that extremity.

Any dizziness should be investigated. IMHO, I wouldn't start with a chiropractor. Consulting your GP would probably be a safer starting point. S/he may be able to help you or at least refer you where to get the help you need; ENT, neuro, etc.

I hope you get it figured out and resolved soon.

s,
Beth

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway