HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

I finally feel great hormone free. I finally feel great hormone free.

Unread 12-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I finally feel great hormone free.

Hi ladies
Just to let you know how good i feel. I recently changed my hrt and come of anti depressents-i felt really bad the first 2 wks weaning off them but i am taking evening primrose,cod liver oil, maca(my sex drive is back!!!), calcium and garlic capsules,st johnswort. I havent had any hot flushes,depression and im not angry anymore at my husband for not washing the dishes!!
I am 36 yrs old and my doc advised me to stay on hrt because of my age- but i feel great.
Im hoping i should be alright long term taking vitamin supplements. Is any of them toxic??i dont know.
Im just glad i have found the right balance.
I would be lost without hyster sisters,
so thankyou so much and hope you all have a lovely xmas.
sunshine1971.
Unread 12-12-2007, 06:39 PM

Hi sunshine!

I think that is great you are feeling good with your supplements. If you want to check on safety, side effects, etc. of any supplements, I like to go to WholehealthMd.com to look them up.

I would be sure to let my doctor know what you are taking.

s
Unread 12-14-2007, 11:36 AM

Glad to hear you are doing well with your decision. What brand of maca are you using? Are you off all hrt now. Wishing you great success in you journey.I am 55 and would like to wean myself off hrt. Thanks sunshine 1971.
Unread 12-14-2007, 02:44 PM

Hi little vixen
I bought maca 500mg from a mail order company called Biovea.They sent out a free brochure. I had to wait about 3 wks for it though as its despatched from America.
It certainly works for me- iv read experiences from other sisters and they said it didnt do anything for them. It gives me a energy boost & im not dry down below anymore.(sorry to be so blunt)
I take high strength vitamins to get the full benefits. Im not on any hrt.I was on the pellets(implant in uk terms). I felt lousy!
Lat year i came of hrt & i bought a herbal remedy called Menopace but i had hot flushes/headaches/dry skin. I dont think there was enough nutrients in it for me.
I felt the benefit of maca within the first wk .I did take 2 a day the first few days even though i should take 1 a a day. It works out quite expensive with all these vitamins but its worth it if you feel good.
I did feel crap when i come of the hrt but not for long so you must be patient.
I normally have backaches/restless legs /muscle pains but all that has gone.
Good luck and i hope you find that NO hrt works for you.
Im hapy to give you more info if needed.
Take care.
Sunshine1971
Unread 12-15-2007, 08:30 AM

Hi

Great to hear you are doing so good without hormones. I have had to stop HRT due to it giving me impaired liver function and also have a stomach ulcer which I think was being aggravated by HRT. I feel better than I did but have only been off it a month, how long did it take before you felt better after quitting HRT?

Thanks

Herne
Unread 12-17-2007, 04:55 PM

Hi ya
You poor thing-you must have felt terrible. It must be the hrt if you feel better since you have come off it.
I felt better about the 3rd week coming of hrt.I was so depressed before.
I did feel awful the first 2 wks but i was also weaning of anti-depressents-so it was a mixture of the two.
I just cant believe i have no hot flashes. I thought vitamin supplements would take mths to work.
Are you taking anything now to relieve any menopausal symptoms?
Thanks
sunshine71. x
Unread 12-18-2007, 08:29 AM

Hi

I'm not taking anything at the moment except the stomach ulcer tablets, I thought I would give my body a rest from everything, but I intend to take B vitamins and fish oils and magnesium once I start feeling better in my stomach. I have good days and bad days at the moment and don't know what is menopause and what is due to stomach ulcer and liver function not being so good. I had a really bad migraine yesterday (was not sick just get the headache) and had 6 paracetomol (not all at once) today I feel tired and washed out again. I am getting the hotflushes but I can cope with them so far, the headaches are harder to deal with. I am glad I'm not working at the moment, just can't seem to cope with a normal hectic lifestyle at present.

Thanks for your reply, hope you continue to do well

Herne x

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.