HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Laparoscopic hysterectomy (LAVH) ~ belly button still swollen Laparoscopic hysterectomy (LAVH) ~ belly button still swollen

Unread 12-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Laparoscopic hysterectomy (LAVH) ~ belly button still swollen

Hello everyone, I'm calling out to my Hystersisters who had Laprascopic procedure, I'm thinking all this time that my Dr was kind enough to give me a new belly button so when i went last monday (one day before my 3 week post op date) my Dr said oh your belly button is still swollen, i said oh i thought you gave me an outie belly button so what does he do, he attempted to push it back in, but it won't go he said its due to a heavier type of stitch he used and it could take up to 6 weeks to desolve. Any one else experience this? It doesn't hurt, I feel pretty good just still not doing the normal things yet. I'm down about 15lbs so I'm about 129 now. I began side sleeping again i keep putting Neospauren on my incisions.
Any suggestions? Could it possibly heal like this being an outie?
Thanks to all. Your words always inspire me.
xxoo
Unread 12-17-2007, 05:04 AM

mischa67

I'm afraid I didn't have your procedure and so can't offer any support in that respect, but hope some ladies will be along soon to share!

Wishing you all the best as you continue to heal.

Unread 12-17-2007, 05:39 AM

Well, I don't quite have the outtie button, but I also didn't have stitches either. No I'm not confused, I did have a LAVH on the same day as yours. But my incision is sealed.
I do have a kind of bubble above my belly button. Even when the rest of my belly is not swollen, that little spot above my belly button always is. It doesn't exactly hurt but it does feel a little tender. (maybe just because I keep messing with it)
I would think that once your stitches dissolve your doctor will try to push it back in again. You seem to be taking it quite well though.
Hopefully it will be just fine. If not do you have a problem with an outtie?
Unread 12-18-2007, 12:38 AM

JESI, QUIT MESSING WITH IT!!!!!!!LLLLOOOLLL. I had the same procedure as Jesi, Mischa. My belly button is sore but I DONT MESS WITH IT!! It should go down and back to nomal. I had my gallbladder taken out lapo?whatever too and oh boy did my belly button hurt and it was swollen. That took about 2months to go back to normal. And I have a deep tiny belly button. Well, I did anyways,lol...NOT NO MORE,GRRR! I had my surgery 5 days before you and Jesi and It still bothers me. Im to chicken to bother with it. Doc said I could clean it if I wanted but , again, CHICKEN,LLLOOOLLL. I guess mine is different cuz I had only tape holding me together So I was constantly paranoid that my guts would fall-out if I did anything wrong. I know,stupid thought. I was even told to go ahead an take the tape off myself after about a week yeah right. CHICKEN. Well, try not to worry. This coming from a worry WART.. Smile

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.