As I am suffering from a terrible head cold this morning and having the worse time trying to breathe, I was wondering if surgery would be postponed if the patient has a cold or the flu. My surgery is three and a half weeks away so I'm not too worried about me but I was wondering. Any one have her surgery postponed due to illness?
Surgery can be cancelled due to a cold and/or flu and generally it is the anesthesiologist who makes the final call as they are the ones responsible for keeping you alive and breathing during surgery.
Thankfully you do have a few weeks to get better! You could call your GP or GYN and let them know how you feel and ask for advice as to what you can do to feel your best quicker. Remember, many vitamins, supplements, and medications must be stopped anywhere from 5-10-14 days prior to surgery. I have a surgery coming up and have to stop my Vitamin C (and some other meds) 10 days before surgery! So if you need to take anything to feel better, you need to take it soon!
Sending lots of best wishes and s your way! Try to rest and drink plenty of fluids!
I have already had to stop the aspirin as of my doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I can take Tylenol which I am about to do and then I'm down for a nap. I fly to Pittsburgh on Saturday and celebrate my 39th wedding anniversary tomorrow so I have no time for a cold.