HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

C-section caused my Endo C-section caused my Endo

Unread 12-22-2007, 02:36 PM
C-section caused my Endo

I recently learned from a team of doctors helping me with post-tah/bso issues that my stage IV endo was caused by my c-section 9 years ago.
had no idea endometrial lining spilling into the pelvis during the c-section could happen, and cause such a mess.
anyone else out there? i'd love to hear about it and how you have been faring since...
thanks!
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:06 PM
C-section caused my Endo

Well, I never had problems until AFTER my c-section! I have always wondered about the possibility of a c-section causing endo. I have never talked to my doctor about it though. Most doctors are shocked to find out that I had 4 kids and THEN got diagnosed with endo!
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:12 PM
C-section caused my Endo

I have suspected adeno and they say that surgerys can cause that. So, I would imagine the same could happen outside the utereus. Amazing to me how many women are ready and willing to have a c-section w/out any fight. I think my first has caused 2 more c-sections, 1 more surgery, and one to go......ughhhh....
Unread 12-23-2007, 10:46 AM
C-section caused my Endo

Pasdechat-
yes, i had no problems until after my c-section. no "female issues" whatsoever in my life until after the "C"... then I had a cascading number of symptoms, starting with having an episode of thyroiditis about one year post c-section, then a host of other symptoms followed over the next 7 years until finally having emergency surgery for the tah/bso-- and that's when i was first diagnosed with endo-- on the operating table for the tah/bso.
i had been the "poster child" for a c-section-- breezed right thru recovery- thought it was easier to recover from than the vaginal birth of my first kid.
got pregnant quickly and easily-- very fertile, like you.
just wondering about any other gals out there, and how they are doing...
Unread 12-23-2007, 03:30 PM
C-section caused my Endo

I was diagnosed with stage IV endo two years ago when my OB did a lap to remove a cyst on my left ovary, eight years after my c-section. She was shocked to see all the endo! I have three children and didn't have trouble conceiving any of them. I've always figured that they were related but never asked my doctor about it.
Unread 12-24-2007, 06:29 PM
C-section caused my Endo

Yes as far as I know my c-section cause my endometriosis as well as adenomyosis. That is what I was told by my doctor. I have 3 girls the first one was a natural birth, the last two were delivered by c-section. My pain did not start until about a year after my first child was born. When I had a laparoscopy done, I was told there was stage IV endo, and that is what the doctor contributed to as the cause, as I had never had any other problems except for very heavy periods.
Unread 02-03-2008, 06:05 PM
C-section caused my Endo

I also tend to suspect my c-section caused my Endo. No Endo at the time of surgery, but then 1-2 years after it I started having problems and then Endo was diagnosed. Argh!
Unread 02-04-2008, 11:55 AM
C-section caused my Endo

There are a lot of theories about what causes endometriosis but no 100% positives as to its origin. I have read now and then that a c-section could be a culprit. However, there are many of us who have never had a c-section, and many who have never even had a child, so obviously a c-section was not the cause of our endometriosis.

Hopefully sometime soon there will be more understanding regarding where endometriosis comes from and why. I briefly scanned an article yesterday stating that some research is being done that is possibly showing that the endometrium in those of us with endometriosis might be a bit different so maybe that research will eventually give us some concrete answers!

Best wishes! S
Unread 02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
C-section caused my Endo

Hi. I'm going through the ringer of med dr to gyn to oncologist back and forward. according to my gyn, My endo was from my 2nd cesaer and is in the abdo wall and possibly spread through to my bladder and bowels. Going back to gyn in a few weeks for a talk on having a tah/bso. apparantly( according to gyn) there is less than .01 chance of endo being caused by cesaer, and boy I must need to buy a lottery ticket seen as I won that draw LOL.... But it seems common after you start to talk to people.

I hope all goes well for you and remember that every day is a new day!!

Take care
Unread 02-05-2008, 08:23 AM
C-section caused my Endo

I had two c-sections, the first one didn't cause me any problems but after the one with my daughter the problems started a few months later. I also got my tubes tied after having her. My doctor, he did not do the surgeries, said that it was from the c-sections and having my tubes tied. I had endo bad. It was all over everything, my organs, tubes and wall. It caused me to have a cyst and he removed that and he also tried to remove some of the scar tissue but had to stop because it started bleeding. Then at my last post op he noticed my uterus was enlarged so I had a TAH/BSO. He covered any remaining scar tissue that was on the wall with some leftover skin. He said that the leftover skin was really smooth and it would keep the tissue from spreading to my other organs. I don't think it's just c-sections that can cause this, probably any surgery. He did say that infections can also cause it.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.