HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bioidentical hormone pellet therapy, disturbing symptoms Bioidentical hormone pellet therapy, disturbing symptoms

Unread 01-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Bioidentical hormone pellet therapy, disturbing symptoms

It is quite expensive. Not only do you have the expense of inserting the pellets, but then there is the lab work all the time to see what you are running. My insurance pays for most of the lab fees after my deductible is met, but I am starting over at this time so if had to have the pellets every 4 months and then add the labs, it would be quite a bit.
Now, if I really felt great and could tell a big difference in having them, it may be worth it, but I have actually had a lot of vaginal problems since I have had the pellets. Right now I don't know what my levels are, but think maybe I am getting low, but will have to get the levels checked again to know what is going on. When I was on the patch and compound I stayed about the same. I hope you get good results from the pellets, but I don't think I can hang in there with them.
Unread 01-20-2008, 08:03 AM

I was debating getting my second round as I was not sure how much they had really done but I decided to try a little longer and got round 2 a week ago.(after 11 weeks) I am very happy I did. When I first got the pellets I had almost no estrogen or testosterone in my body. This time around I have some levels built up (118 est and 121 test) and that made a BIG difference. I can feel that the levels have gone up but I am feeling really good mentally and physically. The only negative I have going right now is belly fat I can't lose and I have 10-12 pounds that I got as soon as I started HRT last summer that just won't budge. I am working out again (finally have some energy) and while that isn't reversing it atleast it is holding it from getting worse.

It is more expensive but I really like not having to do anything daily!
Unread 01-20-2008, 04:14 PM

Kathie,
I'm so happy you are seeing improvement! That's great and it is so nice not having to take pills, stick on patches, rub in creams, etc. You don't even have to think about it.

I've had them for 4˝ years.

Regards,
Nancy
Unread 01-20-2008, 07:36 PM

Thanks, Nancy. I was not sure how I felt about the pellets the first time around but I can say that I am starting to feel better than I have in years (ovaries failed at 40 and I am now 53) I think I had way too many estrogen deprived years and my body is finally getting a level that is comfortable.

I truly feel better mentally and physically every day!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.