HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

vaginal estriol/testosterone vaginal estriol/testosterone

Unread 01-12-2008, 06:18 PM
vaginal estriol/testosterone

Hi all!

Haven't posted in awhile, but still trying to get the mix right. Think I'm getting closer....Had a few more bumps in the road when my pharmacists tried to change the base in my bi-est (that didn't go well!), but we are going to add vaginal estriol/testosterone to the mix for dryness and libido. He said it's his "claim to fame!" Has anyone had experience with this? Boy oh boy do I hope this works (DH does too!)
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:57 PM

I have used vaginal estriol and testosterone cream, but not mixed together. Can you get them separately so you can adjust the dose of the testosterone downwards once it starts to work? Most of us have found that after a while, you don't need much of it anymore, whereas that's not true of the vaginal estrogen.

s,
-Linda
Unread 01-14-2008, 12:52 PM

I don't know, I'll have to ask?! I'm sure he can, as he has custom made every other prescription for me. His directions were to use it every day at night for 2 weeks, and then go down to every 2 -3 days. I've only used it for 2 nights so far, but don't really notice any difference, or any "desire" wanting to come out of hiding! I wonder how long it will take to start seeing some results???
Unread 01-14-2008, 01:00 PM

When I started using testosterone cream, my DR told me it would take two to four weeks to feel any effect on libido. For me it was two weeks exactly.

s,
-Linda
Unread 01-15-2008, 06:55 PM

Oh la la!! I'm counting down then =) (So it DH!!)

Did you notice that when you inserted the cream, a little while later your pelvis would get very warm for a bit, almost like a localized hot flash? Also, did you have any bowel symptoms associated with it ie loose bowels (sorry TMI!)??
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:37 PM

Gee, no, I didn't notice anything like that. However, my creams were separate, and I didn't insert the testosterone - just applied it outside. I wonder if that's what you're feeling the warmth from? Or it could be something in the base your pharmacist used.

I have had no problem with loose bowels from any of my hormones, but I'm not a good person to judge by - I don't have much of a colon left, so my GI tract works "differently" than most.

s,
-Linda

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.