HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle? Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle?

Unread 01-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle?

I just had my labwork done and am hoping that I am a candidate for the SottoPelle biodentical hormones. Has anyone else had these pellets inserted and how has it worked for you?
Unread 01-13-2008, 09:41 PM

Hi,

I am not familiar with hormone pellet treatment, but hopefully someone will come along here in the Hormone Central forum who can offer some help for you and is familiar with it.

s
Unread 01-14-2008, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimdhawkins
I just had my labwork done and am hoping that I am a candidate for the SottoPelle biodentical hormones. Has anyone else had these pellets inserted and how has it worked for you?
I'm a bit confused. You are saying you 'hoping' are a candidate for pellets, yet you posted in two other threads that you have already had the pellets inserted, so I'm wondering if you have actually started using pellets or are waiting to see if you are a candidate.

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...89#post2458389 (post #24)

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...75#post2458375 (post #11)
Unread 01-14-2008, 06:55 AM

They are already in -- just hoping that my body reacts well with them inserted --since my hysterectomy I have had very wierd allergies - especially to bandaids - so I am hoping that the same does not occur since it is a pellet that my body is not familiar with- -which is why I am asking if it has worked for others (long term). I feel better than I did without them (at least I think I do) - and am hoping that the labwork comes back stating that my hormone levels have changed (and not changed too much to where I hae too much estrogen/testosterone) and that it is working and I can continue using it.
Unread 05-25-2008, 06:47 PM

i see that you posted back in Jan. & am wondering if the pellet has worked out for you. i just had mine inserted yesterday 5/24/08 & am nervous about the whole thing. i have been in the "hormone jungle" for the past 2yrs & i am hoping that this pellet is the answer!
Unread 05-27-2008, 06:53 AM

Yes - it worked however --- it takes awhile to get the dosage right. I had horrible yeast infections, weight gain (really bummed about that), and I seem to get an allergic reaction to my clothes a week after my insert and when it's time to get it inserted again (also had it immediately after my hysterectomy - apparently my body reacts funny to hormone swings). But - no hot flashed, night sweats - libido is back in full swing, etc. - just the overall sense of well being is back - I could not stand the "blahs". I also feel like I don't look as old and I have more energy (well not right now because I'm due for another insertion). Overall - it's been a good experience.
Unread 11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Thumbs up - Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle? Sottopelle is awesome

I have been using the pellets for nearly a year now following my hysterectomy. I have not experienced any of the symptoms of menopause as a result.

I did gain a little weight, but Dr. Tutera (the inventor of Sottopelle), now offers an incredible weight management program for women our age called Diradore. I have never felt better in my life!

Hope this helps.
Unread 12-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I love the pellets

I had the pellets inserted in June and have already had the second insertion. They are amazing - I feel great, have tons of energy, great libido, have lost weight, and look great. I have had no side effects. I am recommending them to everyone I know! I was taking hormone pills before the insertion and the pellets are a vast improvement.
My doctor checks my blood (hormone levels) 2 weeks before insertion and 30 days after. This is the best thing I ever did!
Unread 12-17-2008, 04:58 PM
sottopelle

I am very interested in sottopelle. Does anyone know if sottopelle are the bio-identical hormones?
Unread 06-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Re: Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle?

I had Sottopelle bioidentical hormones implanted last October. I had read about them at a weight loss website. We started out with two testosterone implants and one estrogen. After 6 weeks, blood work was redone. I would add here that after 3 weeks, I had a peak in libido which seemed to last about a week, then declined. My blood tests showed an improvement in testosterone levels, but still very low on estrogen. In Feb. 2009, I had the implants done again (they wear off after 3-6 months). This time, I had one testosterone, and 2 estrogen. Again, at 3 weeks, I had a huge peak in libido which declined again after a week.

I have tried so many bioidentical hormones during my 15 years in menopause (started this process at age 42) that it's difficult to list at this space. Suffice it to say, I can't really say any of them give me what I hope to achieve...an improvement in libido. I'm remarried and my spouse still has huge sexual interest, and I find that I have none.

Another hormone that must be taken with the implants is Prometrium. Prometrium has caused me many unpleasant side effects--edema, breast soreness, weight gain, dizziness/nausea. If I do not take them exactly as prescribed, forgetting them even a day, I begin to experience break through bleeding. This has occurred 6 times or so since the last implant.

I would not discourage anyone from trying Sottopelle implants as they might be just the thing your body needs. However, I admit to being disappointed as I was very excited and hoped to lose some of this unwanted 25 lb weight gain. My dr. told me the last time we spoke that I needed to weigh the unpleasant side effects I was experiencing against the benefits, which quite frankly, I can't even see. It is a very expensive procedure and that must be considered as well. I am next going to try monthly shots to see if this will be the thing for me.

Hope this is helpful.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.