HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle? Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle?

Unread 07-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Smile - Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle? Re: Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle?

Just wanted to say that I have been on the pellets for 2+ years now. The pellets are inserted in the hip subcutaneously, they numb the area first but there is a slight pinch. You cannot have a hot tub or exercise for a few days afterwards, small wound covering is in place, sometimes slight bruising and yeah, it feels bruised. Blood tests are done first, I was actually lower in testosterone than estrogen (48 years/now 50) and the added testosterone gave me MUCH improved energy. I have had real success with it no hot flashes, no symptoms at all really. My pellet lasts on average 3 full months (it is FANTASTIC to just forget about it during that peroid) when I start feeling tired again and well, you know...crappy... I go back for a new pellet. I did not lose a lot of weight on it however; didn't gain just didn't really lose. In March this year I started the Diradore weight loss program and despite a month of with flu in April/May I have so far lost 36lbs my fat mass has dropped from 62.6 lbs to 46.4 lbs. It is low-carb multiple daily meals, appetite suppressor and supplements. Anyway, it is working for me, I also walk and take a Jazzercise-lite class 3 times a week, but even if I didn't I think the weight would just fall off. Hope this info helps.
Unread 02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Re: Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle?

Yes I have had the Sottopellets. I am truly amazed how well they have worked for me. No hot flashes, weight is coming off, have more energy. I am going for my second series later this month.
Unread 02-09-2010, 01:55 PM

Great to hear from you Zanadu. I too have been using Sottopelle since I posted my question. And I love it too. My only problem is that as my hormones have been increase I have started 'breaking out' again... ugh! ... I hate adult acne. I am thinking of seeing a dermatologist since I am unwilling to quite the hormone replacement.
Unread 09-30-2010, 09:08 PM

I have been getting the pellet injection for 2 years now. I have not ever had a problem. Normally I get one every 6 months. I can usually tell when my system is needing a pellet (anxiety,some hot flashes,cranky). I have been satisfied with it. My husband would also agree, it helps me alot.
Unread 10-08-2010, 11:09 PM

I'm hearing so much good things about these pellets. I'm curious, from you all, what your blood estradiol levels are on these pellets. Do you get them checked?
Unread 03-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Talking - Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle? Re: Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle?

I had a hysterectomy almost two years ago. After the first year I had practically given up on ever being normal hormonally ever again. I had tried pills, the ring, compounded hormones, and natural supplements....and was completely miserable. I finally reached a point where I was desperately depressed, not sleeping and had gained almost 25 pouunds as well and knew I had to do something. After much research and consideration I had SotoPelle....It has been a Godsend!! I feel NORMAL again. I sleep like a baby, sex drive is better than before, I've lost 15 pounds and the depression has evaporated. I know that there are people who haven't had as good a response as I...but I feel like this saved my life and marriage.
Unread 03-08-2011, 07:23 PM

This is for jc2359 - I live in Mt. Juliet, TN - where/who do you go to for SottoPelle? My gynocologist doesn't seem interested . . .
Unread 03-08-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elandchel View Post
This is for jc2359 - I live in Mt. Juliet, TN - where/who do you go to for SottoPelle? My gynocologist doesn't seem interested . . .
Just a friendly reminder of the site guidelines--we can't share doctor names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. on the public message boards, but the information can be shared privately using the email/Private Message (PM) feature.

Unread 03-09-2011, 04:33 PM

I had two rounds of Sottopelle with additional oral Progesterone. The hotflashes and nightsweats went away and I noticed no difference in weight or energy, etc. I only stopped them because I got laid off and didn't want the expense. After about 6 weeks, I started bleeding for 3 months, abnormal pap and now have painful fibroids which will lead to an abdominal hyst. on March 17, 2011. Of course, who knows if the series of problems are related to Sottopelle but a friend who's friends with an ob-gyn asked her and she said "unfortunately, we haven't done a good job of managing STOPPING sottopelle". I never followed up on the comment and it was just one Dr. statement....just thought you might like to know.
Unread 03-09-2011, 05:50 PM

Hi,
I have not had the Sotopelle but I am now on my second round of hormone pellets, estrogen and testosterone. Overall I have been very pleased. I definitely noticed an increase of energy and sense of well-being. With respect to the previous post above regarding not being able to stop sotopelle...it is true that once the pellets are inserted you cannot remove them, short of surgery I am guessing. And while I personally have not experienced "too much" of any hormone on the therapy, I think that is a theoretical risk. My own thoughts on the subject is that one does not seek out pellet therapy unless they have really been struggling with traditional HRT. If you have suffered from the symptoms of not enough hormones or not the correct balance, then you know how miserable and life altering that is. Too much hormones short term probably cannot be much worse. The pellets gradually dissolve over a period of two to three months so that is the extent of the commitment. Again, these are just my own personal thoughts, and the benefit/risk that I made peace with.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.