HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Prep day today / Surgery tomorrow Prep day today / Surgery tomorrow

Unread 01-14-2008, 06:11 AM
Prep day today / Surgery tomorrow

Hi everyone. Today I am doing the bowel prep yuck!! Tomorrow is the big day. I have to leave my home @ 5am to be there @ 6am. Surgery scheduled for 8am. Should be in my room by 11am. I actually feel better today than yesterday. Last night I was crying every 1/2 hour. I just feel so alone, except when I am on here. My DH is so stressed out about taking care of the home & errands while I am recovering that it's stressing ME out. I feel guilty about putting this on my DH & children (ages 14 & 17). No one has time to listen to my feelings b/c they are so stressed about what they have to do afterwards. Mainly my DH , b/c he usually doesn't have to worry about taking care of those things. I have even thought that I should have put the surgery off b/c it seems to be too much stress on my family. I guess sometimes those around us just have to deal with it so us ladies can put ourselves first. Thanks to all the Hystersisters for all the info. This has really helped me more than you know. If I have time today (between pottie stops) I'll check in, if not I'll see you all on the post-op forum.
Unread 01-14-2008, 06:39 AM

Big big S

Please don't feel guilty. I understnd that as the primary caregiver, others have learned to depend on you. Now it's their turn to "step up to bat" so to speak. I was pleasantly surprised by my DH during my recovery - I hope that you will be too
I think that sometimes our loved ones react because of their own concern or worry about us. Maybe that's happening with your family?

Best wishes with the bowel prep; it's not much fun but is do-able. Remember to keep some soft wipes handy.

S
Unread 01-14-2008, 07:11 AM

sbkb03--

Sorry to hear that you aren't having much in the way of support. Makes me really feel for you and all of the other Sisters who think of putting off their own health because of the "inconvience" to others. I know it is life, but it is your life and health. Would you want someone in your position that you love to keep suffering for you convience?

Your DH should feel honored to help and your kids are way old enough to fend for themselves. I think the less you do while you are healing and the more they have to do to help THEMSELVES and you, the more you will be apperciated post-hyst.
Unread 01-14-2008, 07:14 AM

When you walk thru the door to the castle tell yourself that your kids in the care of you dh will be different than your care, but he is they dad and they will be fine, then focus on yourself...positive messages....by the time they give you your first shot of happy juice, you will let them take out whatever they want.....you will be a better you for your family when this is done.... they will be fine and you will be fine....let them focus on you and help you thru your recovery.....
Unread 01-14-2008, 02:36 PM
How can there be anything left ????

I have been doing the prep thing today & I've gotta ask, How can there be anything left ? I still have one more dose to drink @ 6:30 tonight. I have a terrible headache & I'm hungry. Please tell me it will get better. I'm okay right now but I know I'm not going to sleep tonight & I'll be a crying wreck in the morning. Well ladies this is my last post. I have to be at the castle @ 6am so I wish all the other ladies going in tomorrow best wishes & see you on the post-op side. Love you all !!!
Unread 01-14-2008, 03:26 PM

I could say it get better, but alas, nope. Bowel prep is icky for most people.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.