Hyster tomorrow found breast mass today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyster tomorrow found breast mass today Hyster tomorrow found breast mass today

Unread 01-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Hyster tomorrow found breast mass today

I am having a hysterectomy tomorrow and I got a call today from Komen Center. I had a baseline mammogram so my doc would be happy. Turns out I had a questionable mass in the left one so they did a ultrasound and it is still questionable so now I have to go on the 31st for a needle biopsy. What else can happen. If anyone has info on this kind of biopsy please let me know. Thanks for letting me vent.See ya on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 03:11 PM

Claudine - I'm sorry to hear you're going through so much all at once.

I had a similar situation a year or so ago. Went for my regular mammogram and they found a mass on the right side. I went back for more detailed mammogram pictures and an ultrasound, and they recommended a needle biopsy. I was a wreck, but everyone at the Women's Center was wonderful, and they made me so comfortable.

The biopsy wasn't bad - in fact, the injection to numb the area was the most unpleasant part. After that, I didn't feel a thing. The radiologist was fabulous and really helped to put me at ease. I had the results in a day or so, and happily, everything was benign.

I'll be thinking about you. Try to take things one day at a time and think positive thoughts. I hope things go well tomorrow. Please check in when you're up to it and keep us posted on everything.

Unread 01-21-2008, 05:12 PM

(((Claudine))) What type of needle biopsy are they doing? There is a fine needle biopsy and a couple of types of core needle biopsies - mammography-guided (stereotactic) and ultrasound-guided. I've had two stereotactic core needle biopsies and have posted about them on this site.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...0&postcount=10

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...89&postcount=4

There are also some good links to information about the different biopsy types in our Resources directory under the Breast Health section, if you're wanting to see pictures of the equipment and diagrams of how the procedure works.

I hope this helps. Meanwhile, good luck with your hysterectomy!

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 02:15 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this, when you are already overwhelmed with the hyst on your mind.

I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

I had a breast lump removed (b/c agressive breast cancer runs in my family) and I was awake while they did that so I would think a biopsy would be no big deal. Ask them to give you valium if you are real worried.

Good luck on your hyst and keep your mind on the positive. Emotions tend to get heavy in the weeks following a hyst so remember that if you get caught in a particularly strong funk. Just ride the wave and you will come out ok.

Hugs.
Unread 01-28-2008, 12:37 PM

I'm having a ultrasound guided core needle biopsy.Now that my hyst is over I feel alot more mellow about the whole lump thing.I figure stressing about it won't help any. I'll keep everyone posted.Thanks. Claudine
Unread 01-28-2008, 02:02 PM

Claudine, I've had three different types of core needle biopsies -- one being ultrasound guided. I truly didn't feel a thing after surface of my breast was numbed.

You'll easily survive the procedure and it is much more likely that biopsy will end with benign results.

Mary D.
Unread 02-01-2008, 03:26 PM

I had my biopsy yesterday and they called and said it was fibromyoma and it is benign. feeling much better today. just wanted to keep you girls posted. thanks for all the support. Claudine
Unread 02-01-2008, 05:33 PM

(((Claudine))) That is great news!

Thanks for letting us know.

s,
-Linda
Unread 02-01-2008, 06:01 PM

GREAT, GREAT NEWS! Thanks for letting us know. I'm very happy for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register