When I was waiting for my hyst, I got the sniffles and my dr told me that unless I was running a fever or couldn't breathe well enough that surgery would proceed ( it did ). Maybe you should give your dr a call and ask. That way, he/she can make the decision and maybe save you some worry or even a trip in if the surgery needs to be postponed.
Best wishes, I hope that you get the ok and your surgery can proceed with no delays or problems. Please keep us updated
My surgery is on friday and some how (maybe the cold weather ) I have gotten a stuffed up nose. I don't really feel all that sick but i too was wondering how it would all turn out. I see the dr. tomorrow for my pre op work. I guess I will know tomorrow. Well good luck to you jeanus !!
I showed up for surgery with a sinus headache, some sinus congestion, and a 99.6 temp. When the nurse took my temp in the surgical waiting area, I was scared the surgery was going to be cancelled because I had it cancelled previously with a 100.6 temp. The nurse said the surgery was going to proceed as planned. I told her I had a sinus headache and she said the anesthesia would get rid of my headache. The surgery did take place with no complications from my issues and my sinus headache was gone when I woke up in recovery.
It's always a good idea to let your doctor know how you're feeling.