HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bladder/Bowel pain/pressure with cyst Bladder/Bowel pain/pressure with cyst

Unread 01-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Bladder/Bowel pain/pressure with cyst

I hadn't really noticed this before, but I am now noticing a lot of pressure in my bladder area...is this from the cyst? Same thing with bowel area. It's like when I have to go, I can feel it coming on for awhile and then it hits. Is this typical?
Unread 01-28-2008, 01:05 PM

I'm not sure if I have a cyst or not. I have my appt with my gyn/surgeon in about 2 hours to find out what the something is by my ovary on my CT scan.
But I do have a lot of pressure on my bladder and bowels also. One of my biggest complaints is that I feel like something is jammed up under my right rib cage all the time. It feels like someone has their hand up under my ribs and is pulling them out. Especially when I sit. The sharp pains in my lower pelvic area and groin come and go depending on what I am doing and my cycle. It is very hard to sort out what is what and what is causing what. Just hope my dr. can give me some answers today. They suggested an ultrasound on my CT scan.

So after rambling on with all that I probably left you still wondering just as I am. But I too have the same symptoms and I have read others with the same.
Unread 01-28-2008, 03:44 PM

Thanks hopeforpeace...mine comes and goes. The bladder pressure today has been unrelenting. And about a week ago I ached up in my abdomen. I could just be picking up on things that aren't even related, but now that I know something is "there," I'm feeling every little twinge! AH!
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:21 PM

(((Lisa))) it sounds like it could be the cyst causing the pain and discomfort. When I was diagnosed with my hemorraghic cyst, I was so miserable. I had a lot of bloating, achey pain in the pelvic region, constipation and just felt horrible all over. How long is your dr going to watch the cyst before he decides to do anything? I feel for you, I know how miserable they can be. I hope you get some relief soon. Lots of 's,
Carol
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:49 PM

Hi, I would think yes, it does cause these things, which I pretty much blamed everything else for - as I didn't know I had a cyst until I bled.

Feels like a dull ache in the vaginal area - then pressure against bladder - then pain in lower back - does seem to move. That's why I figured I was imagining it - or just being a baby.

Surgery scheduled for 2/5/08

Good luck with yours!

Carol
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:52 PM

Dear Otessa,

I had my dr. appt. today and he did not feel a cyst on exam but had me schedule an ultrasound since the CT scan showed something. He said even if it is a cyst he is not worried about it because he was just in there for my hysterectomy in June. I am so sore since he did the exam my right side is killing me. I was wondering how big your cyst is since your dr. did not feel it on the exam either, but yet it was there.
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM

Hope - when is your Ultrasound?
When I first went, they were going to wait weeks!! He thought if there was a cyst, it was just that - a small cyst. HE wasn't worried.

I called back (after getting home and thinking about it) and moved it up.
Glad I did -
The waiting and worrying is way worse than they realize.

Mine turned out to be 12cm -

If something is showing on the CT scan, get the US done soon.

Let us know!

Carol
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:05 PM

Carol,

I am supposed to have the ultrasound done on Friday but may have to reschedule because I forgot about some meetings I have to attend at work on Friday. But it will probably still be done this week or early next week.
Thanks for the advice.

Im just frustrated I am tired of not feeling good and thought that I would be feeling so much better after the hysterectomy.
Unread 01-29-2008, 04:09 AM

If you can, see if you can re-set your ultrasound for before or after your meetings, sometimes the Ultrasound appointments are easy to move - they are not as jammed up as doctors -

Good luck!
Will be keeping positive thoughts!
Carol
Unread 01-29-2008, 06:23 AM

Hi there Carol and others...when my gyn found the cyst on Jan 11, he wanted to wait 6 weeks. That's another 3 weeks from this coming Friday. My ultrasound is scheduled for Feb. 22. That seems forever away given the increasing discomfort and pain I'm feeling. I was so taken aback by the fact that I actually had a cyst that I didn't ask how big or which ovary! I am pretty sure it's the left one, and they way he talked it sounds pretty large since he said it "surrounded" the ovary? I may have to call up and get more details. He's waiting to see if it goes away; I can tell you with pretty much 99% assurance that this thing isn't going away...it's been getting worse over several months...he's just now seeing it, that's the problem!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway