waiting for testing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

waiting for testing waiting for testing

Unread 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM
waiting for testing

I first posted in the new introductions last week. I am a little on edge waiting for my upcoming appointments. I am 5 yrs post total hyst that I had for post partum infection and hemmorage. The past 6 months I have had many changes to my health.new high blood pressure, lots of bladder infections, lots of yeast infections, and 6 months of diarrhea. Now I have blood from every orifice - urine , stool , and pink tinged vag secretions. I recently had a routine evaluation of reflux which identified displacement of sm bowel. So I had a follow up catscan which showed thickening of bowel on right side and right ovarian cyst (the only comment on that was that it needed u/s evaluation. My gyn appointment isn't until st patricks day, but I have a colonoscopy next week. I know that it's impossible to predict, but I'm not the type to wait patiently. I have read extensively on these issues, but I would really be interested in knowing other individuals experience and how things went. Overall I am pesimistic about the situation, but it's very sureal so I have really taken on a new interest in redecorating and renovating at home. It will be somewhat of a relief either way to know what I am planning for. If anyone has experienced anything similar, I would appreciate the comments. I don't feel sick at all (not even with the bladder infections) so I need to find real life perspective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 04:05 PM
waiting for testing

Stellamoon,

I'm sorry you are going through so much right now!

I am hoping your gyn does a transvaginal ultrasound so they can see what's going on with that cyst. What with everything else going on, can you call the gyn's office and tell them off all your troubles and see if you can get an earlier appointment?

The waiting is very difficult, and st. patrick's day is a long way down the road. I hope you can get in earlier, but if not, I hope you are able to keep busy and keep your mind off your upcoming appointment. Sounds like renovating the house is a good way to pass the time!

Good luck with your colonoscopy appointment. Please let us know how that goes!

in there!
Unread 02-04-2008, 06:10 PM
waiting for testing

Hi Stellamoon,
I haven't gone through anything similar, however, I do know how sometimes the waiting is the hardest part. An earlier appointment would surely help! Nurses can be our best advocates. Maybe you could get a nurse on the phone on your side to help with securing you earlier appt. There has to be cancellations and extra time built in the day for exceptions. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.
Tamara
Stage cervical cancer 1b1 with lymph nodes- chemo/radiation and now spinal nerve damage from the radiation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 09:41 PM
waiting for testing

Hi Stellamoon
Its easy to be pessimistic when you have those types of symptoms - they would scare anyone. Try to take it one day at a time, and take deep breaths when you start to feel stressed. I know it sounds trite, but it really helped me to keep my sanity.

I agree with K9, and would ask about getting an appointment sooner. If you are worried about the ovarian cyst being cancer, you could request a CA125 blood test. It is not diagnostic, but can sometimes be an indicator of cancer (of course, regular cysts can affect those numbers too, so it may not be helpful at all...)

Good luck with your colonoscopy! My DH had one recently, and he breezed through it (and he is a big baby when it comes to stuff like that!)

Please keep us updated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register