HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

leg, hip and knee pain caused by fibroids leg, hip and knee pain caused by fibroids

Unread 02-24-2008, 02:58 PM
leg, hip and knee pain caused by fibroids

Hello Julie - how did you go? How are you feeling?

Alena
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alena182
Hello Julie - how did you go? How are you feeling?

Alena

HI! pretty good the first day was bad lots of pain but I slept alot and as long as the pain meds kept coming it was fine. Havent really been on the computer at all these days still sore but doing so much better. I dont regret it at all. so glad it is done and I will keep you in my prayers you'll be fine.
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:57 AM

Hi Julie,
So glad you are doing well and your recovery continues to go smoothly. Keep in touch,
Lalalala
Unread 02-26-2008, 08:45 AM

Hi
I had hip and thigh pain, that came in waves and was unmistakeably the fibroid (I was basically having labor type contractions which my doc said was my uterus trying to push out the fibroid, and had had the same pain durin glabor.) I also developed a sciatica type sharp pain in one hip toward the end when I was lying on the couch a lot. Both went away after surgery. I didn't have knee pain.
Deb
Unread 02-26-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarley24
HI! pretty good the first day was bad lots of pain but I slept alot and as long as the pain meds kept coming it was fine. Havent really been on the computer at all these days still sore but doing so much better. I dont regret it at all. so glad it is done and I will keep you in my prayers you'll be fine.
Dear Julie - I certainly appreciate your prayers - I am a bit scared, I live by myself and that way one has too much time to think about things....My husband is in Norway and I doubt that he could come back for all this, it is happening too suddenly. Anyway, I hope you will keep improving. Do you already feel better than you felt before? I used to feel better almost right away after my myomectomies - it was always a relief not to feel the fibroids - all the pressure and the "stomach full of rocks" type of feeling. Nice hearing from you.

Sincerely Alena from Sydney, Australia
Unread 02-26-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarley24
One more thing - my previous husband, who died, came from Attleboro, Massachusetts, I lived in the US (but in Atlanta, not the New England) for 4 years. My last name is Tetreault - common in that part of the world and really nowhere else. But maybe that doesn't belong here.......

Alena
Unread 03-02-2008, 12:12 PM

I too have had back and leg pain, blamed it on bad back for many years, until started having pelvic pressure and the back pain got severe and decided I should get it looked at. found a fibroid and discovered that huge fibroids run in my extended family. going to have a TVH and a suspension on my bladder. Trying to keep my ovaries. this month had a very painful cyst on ovary, gyn said that it was normal size. Also having heavy bleeding, causing anemia, everything has gotten worse in the past 4 months. ready to get rid of the pain.
Val
Unread 03-07-2008, 09:19 PM

After reading this site I was beginning to think I had not suffered enough until I found this thread. I too have back, leg, hip and knee pain. I have cramps feel like a stabbing twisting pain that takes my breath away and buckles my knees.

I've also had intermittent bleeding for 3 years and sometimes gushers. I basically wear some type of pad all the time. My fibroids are not particularly large, but I have a submucosal one that concerns my doctor.

So if the TAH solves my hip, leg and knee and the cramps and bleeding - it will be a win-win situation. I don't need the uterus anymore as I'm 52 and perimenopausal. Trying to keep at least one ovary, but if that doesn't work out I deal with consequences. I just want to feel better.

My last doctor always blew me off by saying my bleeding issues and pain "were just the way things are at my age". Easy for him to say.

Thanks for letting me vent. I really like the information on this site; however, sometimes I expereince TMI.
Unread 11-08-2008, 06:06 AM

I have a fibroid and an enlarged uterus 16 week, bladder and uterus prolapse. Going for a TAH and bladder repair on Nov. 19th Very anxious but this site has made it easier for me. Most of the hyster sisiters are always soooo much happier afterwards. I am 54 and the fibroid has grown in the last 2 years. I also have hip, leg and back pain and pressure. Cannot wait to feel myself again. Have felt this way for 10 years. Always afraid of the HYSTERECTOMY. Thanks again to all of you who unknowingly have made me feel better about this surgery.
Unread 11-08-2008, 06:47 AM

Anitar,
Good luck with the surgery. Hope you will be feeling so much better afterwards. Please let us know how things go for you.
lalalala

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.