HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Sweating, Shaking and Clammy!!! Sweating, Shaking and Clammy!!!

Unread 07-21-2001, 11:14 AM
Sweating, Shaking and Clammy!!!

Hi all!! I am 11 days post-op now...and started bleeding vaginally yesterday... hadn't since surgery and this scared me silly. Called dr. he said come in, he looked around and said everything looked good, couldn't see what was bleeding... put me on bedrest!! Oops..... I'll be back there shortly!! Promise!! But I am Pale as a ghost, shaky, I'm freezing clammy and Sweating at same time!!! And at nite...... any part of me that touches anything else just sweats... I wake up repeatedly soaked through!!!!! What is that?????? He tested my blood to see if I was anemic... Which I always am anyways.... but I guess its' pretty bad now. Told me take a pre-natal and prescribed an extra Iron pill to boot. I don't like taking any extra iron ..... It constipates me something awful and right now I don't need that!! Anyone else going through any of this?? Any suggestions?? Thanx!!!

Unread 07-21-2001, 11:47 AM

Hi,

Hang in there, what you're going through sounds really similar to what I experienced at that time. I woke up soaked for the first 2 weeks after my surgery. It got so that I kept clean pjs by my bed every night. It was just the anesthesia and extra hormones (I had been on big doses months prior to surgery) working there way out of my system.

I also bled at 13 days post op. Dr. told me to put my feet up and stay lying down for the weekend. I did, and it went away. You're going through a tough patch now, but it will get better!

Karey
Unread 07-22-2001, 07:21 AM
I can relate

I am having the same problem but in addition I have a light headed feeling. I also had a low blood count but I am wondering if it could be the hormones. Would like to know if any other sisters had this problem.
Unread 07-22-2001, 07:52 AM

Dear Treehugger,

I am going through the exact same thing. I have very low blood and I sweat profusely and for the first time in my life-I SMELL BAD!! I am having to shower 2-3 times a day and apply extra coating of deodorant and anti-perspirant at bedtime. I also wake up soaked-I have worn my poor Mom out changing the sheets and washing. I was told that it is really a combination of a lot of things: hormones, anesthesia, pain meds( they say this can be a real withdrawal problem when there are no more) and then just the trauma that our bodies have been through. I have that jello shaky feeling inside a lot but not constantly. Each day it seems to get better...that's the key! If YOU feel worse you need to contact the dr again. I take iron supplements and I eat a VERY high fiber diet with lots a fruit-not bananas-the watery kind like cantaloupe, peaches, plums etc. My plumbing is fine so far.

I hope you are resting and have someone there to read this to you--get the rest!!!! I am flat on my back as this is being typed! Typos?

Lots of hugs to ya!
Unread 07-22-2001, 12:48 PM

Hi,

You mentioned that your dr ordered bedrest, but did he tell you to call immediately if things got worse or didn't improve in a few days? I do hope you feel better soon, but make sure you call your dr again if you're still worried! Take care,
Unread 07-22-2001, 06:51 PM

Hi there...sounds familier...had my TAH (kept the girls) on 7/13 - started cold, drenching sweats in the hospital. No hot flashes. Doc put me on Premarin for 2 weeks - sweats stopped right away. She said my body is still traumatized and confused! I feel light headed and not quite on but last year I dislocated my elbos and felt somewhat similar for around 2 weeks - probably shock - surgery is just a different sort of shock..trying not to get too hung up on it this early. Only other complaint now that I'm not dripping at night is horrible insomnia...I hope it is from lack of activity and goes away as I recover! Hope your symptoms are relieved soon!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.